Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Registered
511 Posts
the barium enema and the ct scan are only as good as the preparation before the test, the technician performing the test and the radiologist interpreting the test. by small trouble areas i mean tiny polyps, tiny ulcerated areas or other things that i as an uneducated person with regards to this material am unaware of. andy, there are no absolutes in medicine just odds. don't worry, just make sure that your doctor is being thorough enough for the situation at hand.

· Registered
33,934 Posts
I believe that inadequte preparation is also a problem in colonoscopies. You have to be well cleaned out or stool can still hide some of the things you are looking for, particularly when they only effect small portions of the colon.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

· Registered
33,934 Posts
I believe that inadequte preparation is also a problem in colonoscopies. You have to be well cleaned out or stool can still hide some of the things you are looking for, particularly when they only effect small portions of the colon.K.------------------I have worked for the government and at universities doing scientific research primarily in the area of the environment and the impact of environmental factors on human health, I have never done any independant clinical testing for the pharmaceutical industry, nor have I ever worked for a drug company. I have no financial, academic, or any other stake in any commercial, natural, or any other product mentioned by me.My story and what worked for me in greatly easing my IBS: http://www.ibsgroup.org/ubb/Forum17/HTML/000015.html

· Registered
511 Posts
andy, make sure that you keep in mind that nobody here is an expert capable of telling you whether or not you should have any testing or no testing at all. anyone who does so is perpetrating a great disservice to you. what we as fellow posters can contribute to your cause are only questions for you to ask your doctor based on our own experiences.

· Registered
511 Posts
andy, make sure that you keep in mind that nobody here is an expert capable of telling you whether or not you should have any testing or no testing at all. anyone who does so is perpetrating a great disservice to you. what we as fellow posters can contribute to your cause are only questions for you to ask your doctor based on our own experiences.

· Registered
2,557 Posts
Just wanted to say that if you find narrow stools particularly bothersome, try eating or supplementing your diet with extra fiber. As all your tests have come back normal I really wouldn't worry about the narrow stools. They are a feature of IBS. There are so many slightly odd symptoms of IBS that one could worry about and become fearful about. But life's too short for that. Of course if you develop new symptoms, weight loss, blood in your stools and so on, go to see your doctor. take care,susan

· Registered
2,557 Posts
Just wanted to say that if you find narrow stools particularly bothersome, try eating or supplementing your diet with extra fiber. As all your tests have come back normal I really wouldn't worry about the narrow stools. They are a feature of IBS. There are so many slightly odd symptoms of IBS that one could worry about and become fearful about. But life's too short for that. Of course if you develop new symptoms, weight loss, blood in your stools and so on, go to see your doctor. take care,susan

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.