Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
5,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
natural foods are great, right? it's not always true. I started using soy milk and taking a lot of soy products because in was in the health food section. I found out that it has been a real problem for me. I did find this out from LEAP, btw, so all alternatives are not bad. any other experiences like this for ibs?tom

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
Hi Tom:I use soymilk and other soy products in vegetarian dinners, and haven't had any problems with them. The only thing I have ever noticed is if I don't eat or drink anything with soy for a few weeks, when I start up again I'm gassy for a few days.My daughter is a vegetarian so I do use these products quite a bit. Soy is high in protein, low in fat, and very nutritious.JeanG

·
Registered
6,922 Posts
I've heard rice milk is good, and I've also had almond milk, which is delicious. The only problem is that they don't have as many nutrients as the soy. Still, if you can't tolerate it, you can't tolerate it.JeanG

G

·
Tom, I will not TOUCH soy with a ten foot pole!!!!Tried it for 3 days and it made things worse..like thats ever possible?? If things start kicking up really bad I search the trash to see what I ate and most of the time soy is the culprit. I'm pretty much stuck with the same old routine for food. Lucky I don't remember to eat very often. The boredom of the same thing would lead me to Burger King!!!!Hope you find something that works...I gave up.Deb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.