Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for the past couple weeks when i have a BM 90% of the time i become really nauseous, to the point of dry heaving. If ive just eaten ive actually thrown up. This happened a few years ago, and went away. It almost feels like the gas pushes out the waste so fast that it makes me nauseous. How do i stop this? Im so parinoid its going to happen in a restaraunt, party, or somewhere i really dont want to be sick. Right after it happens i feel fine, but i cant figure out how to stop this. Ive tried eating more salads, and eating more frequent small meals, but nothing really has put a stop to it.

·
Registered
151 Posts
You've asked about this before so I hope someone besides me replies because I don't really know the answer.Nausea, even vomiting, with diarrhea happens to me too and I don't know why. Maybe it's a vagal response. It's awful sitting on the toilet and holding a bucket at the same time. For me it's not everytime, thank goodness, so I just live with it and document it on my calendar that I show my Gastro doc. Like yours, he doesn't do anything about it, but because he seems to care so much and writes it down like it's important, I feel it must just be one of the common symptoms. It's useless to take any anti-nausea med since by the time a pill or suppository can be taken, the temporary situation is resolved and it's just time to go to bed from exhaustion.Good luck... hey wait, I just remembered..... ginger is supposed to be good for nausea relief. I have a bottle in my kitchen just for that. I think I'll move it to the cabinet in the bathroom!Cathy

·
Registered
36 Posts
I am naseous not only after a bm, but very frequently as well. Tried ginger tea, but I think I should have had some food with it because it actually made me feel a little more naseous. Today I started with chamomile tea, and the then switched to very strong pepper mint tea. (I let it brew in the cup for about 20 minutes) I am very familiar with head in the bucket and butt on the toilet scenario. Hope you can find relief of some sort.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies, sorry to post this topic twice. I originally posted it in the General Discussion but didnt get any responses. Then went to post here and look back after and my topic was moved to this board. So it looked like i posted it twice on purpose.This seems to happen to me for so long, then subsides. Im hoping its fading out. Its an easy way to ruin your day

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.