Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone experience waves of extreme nausea and dizziness during a bout of ibs? I get this feeling that rises from the pit of my stomach and rises right to my head. It passes if I sit down for a few minutes. This happens repeatedly throughtout the day until the symptons subside. I know I'll have a bad day because during the previous night I have terrible indigestion that will wake me out of a sound sleep. It follows this pattern everytime. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
55 Posts
JELLSTERI HAVE NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEMS WITH DIZZINESS BUT I KNOW ALL ABOUT EXTREME NAUSEA.I WAKE UP WITH IT REAL BAD IN THE MOURNING AND IT COMES AND GOES THROUGH OUT THE DAY.TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR THERE ARE ALL KINDS OF PILLS OUT THERE FOR NAUSEA PERPHENAZINE,PROMETHAZINE,TRIMETHOBENZAMIDE,AND THE LIST GOES ON ZOFRAN SEEMS TO THE BEST FOR ME AT LEAST FOR THE TIME BEING.YOU CAN ALSO TRY GINGER PILLS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GO THE PRESCRIPTION ROUTE. MAYBE IF THE NAUSEA GOES AWAY SO WILL THE DIZZINESS.GOOD LUCKJMC

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
YES and I hate it! I drink ginger tea and suck on Altoids to help with the queasies, but those waves of dizziness with the nausea are downright gnarly! I usually have to do deep breathing exercises to calm my stomach down. Now that I make a good effort to keep myself hydrated the dizziness doesn't happen very often anymore but still get waves of nausea.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts