Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone else have these symptoms? It seems to come from the excess gas and the cramping pains..I find these symptoms more difficult to leave with than anything else.Clare

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Clare, this is a complicated thing, pain and stress can bring it on,but other things are important also.I have my own idea serotonin, may also play into this and the head rushes or dizziness, probably some other chemicals as well.Here is some info. http://gastroresource.com/GITextbook/En/chapter1/1-7.htm

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Clare, this is a complicated thing, pain and stress can bring it on,but other things are important also.I have my own idea serotonin, may also play into this and the head rushes or dizziness, probably some other chemicals as well.Here is some info. http://gastroresource.com/GITextbook/En/chapter1/1-7.htm

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thankyou Eric, for replying, and for the link!I notice it mentions a cause of nausea in am as GERD which I also suffer from. So I suppose that clears up one mystery.I also have my suspicions on serotonin. Do you mean that low levels can cause dizziness as well as IBS symptoms?I always feel worse in winter.Clare

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thankyou Eric, for replying, and for the link!I notice it mentions a cause of nausea in am as GERD which I also suffer from. So I suppose that clears up one mystery.I also have my suspicions on serotonin. Do you mean that low levels can cause dizziness as well as IBS symptoms?I always feel worse in winter.Clare

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Clare, here is some info on chocalate and gerd and serotonin. Just for the info.Many people are effected by seasonal changes and quite a few feel worse in the winter months.Some may feel worse in the spring months as they maybe effected by allergies that aggravate the IBS.I think it is in part how these chemicals (neurotransmitters) cross the brain barrier and what ones win out or don't.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Clare, here is some info on chocalate and gerd and serotonin. Just for the info.Many people are effected by seasonal changes and quite a few feel worse in the winter months.Some may feel worse in the spring months as they maybe effected by allergies that aggravate the IBS.I think it is in part how these chemicals (neurotransmitters) cross the brain barrier and what ones win out or don't.

·
Registered
179 Posts
After being diagnosed with IBS"D" for 10 years now, I have been diagnosed with GERD, Panic and anxiety. I have just recently been having nausea and dizziness in the morning only, it goes away after a couple hours. I was going to see the doctor for this, but I figure he'll just say it's the IBS like everything else. Seems like more and more things are popping up.

·
Registered
179 Posts
After being diagnosed with IBS"D" for 10 years now, I have been diagnosed with GERD, Panic and anxiety. I have just recently been having nausea and dizziness in the morning only, it goes away after a couple hours. I was going to see the doctor for this, but I figure he'll just say it's the IBS like everything else. Seems like more and more things are popping up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.