Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am 26 yrs old and have had stomach problems since I was 4 years old but I have always lead a very active life through sports. The beginning of my senior when real stress began to take its toll on me I realized I was not feeling normal any longer and anytime I would eat I would immediately feel sick. It got to the point where I would have to take a nap to sleep off the constant sickness. My life began to revolve around eating a then sleeping. I dropped out of all sports b/c I was sick and always tired. Then I realized that the physical exertion was making it worse. When I would try to work out after about two weeks back into normal routins I would get extremely ill. My symptoms were identical to the stomach flu, muscle aches, chills, and non-stop vomiting. This would go on for at least 3-4 days. I tried this several different times throughout the years and everytime I try to exercise I immediately feel nausea. I have had every kind of test imaginable done and all the doctors can say is they believe its IBS. I have searched and searched but I cannot find anyone with the same symptoms as me. I dont even have the D symptom instead I am just constipated. I am praying for someone to have some understanding of these bazaare symptoms and hopefully have some helpful advice. Thanks!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hey! I'm sorry, i don't have the nausea part of IBS, but i do have a mix of c/d, though it only flares up at certain times of the month. I did however, notice that yesterday when i was exercising I started getting gas and cramps. My suggestion for you (and maybe me too) is just to slow down and build up. Like only do maybe half an hour each day, and then increase slowly.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hello Heidie! I'm so glad you found us here at the board. I have vomiting during my episodes also. Actually, its more of projectile wretching. Once it has started, nothing will stop it. But along with it, I have diarrhea.I, too, have been tested for everything. Since nothing has showed up, my gi is diagnosing me with IBS for the time being.I dont know why my attacks start. But if I have started to feel nauseated, I cant move or I will throw up. It hurts to even talk when I'm sick.What kind of treatment does your doctor have you on now? Doyou know what triggers your episodes?I am so glad you have posted and shared your story with us. Theres not many people with IBS with vomiting, so it nice to have you here.
, Marriah

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have had the same problems Heidie. I never vomited but always felt nauseus. I also am 26 and was very active when I was young and always had stomic problems. My doctors always thought it was the flu or discribed it later as my acid reflux. I just found out that I have IBS-C about a year ago so I am not sure if that was a factor or not. I am still learning about what I can do and started taking aloe vera juice. It seems to take the edge my off my IBS alittle and less nauseus. But just incase I had my doctor priscribe something for my nausea if they aloe vera don't work. Now I can just work on my IBS.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.