Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, Ive suffered IBS for about 25 years, but the last 7-8 months I seem to have developed symptoms of Nausea, which is something I had very little of previously. I did pick up some kind of winter bug or virus that laid me low for about 2 weeks previously to these symptoms, which clear up, but after a few weeks I had similar symptoms come back, little appetite and nausea.this has been going on until now, but have also developed a furry tongue which is unpleasant in itself, always worse in a morning, I have better days when the symptom subside, but most of the time I have little appetite, and am not enjoying my food.does anyone think these symptoms have anything to do with the bug or virus I picked up about 8 months ago, or is it just a manifestation of IBS.also does anyone else suffer with a slightly furry tongue most of the time.

·
Registered
722 Posts
I suffer with nausea a lot of the time,but i do not have a furry tongue.My tongue has crack marks on it and can be very sore at times.If you are concerned maybe you should ask your GP for advice.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Diana63thanks for the advice,I went and saw a Dr today, it seems I have an oral thrush infection (Candida albicans) so hopefully with the treatment (Nystan) it will at least clear the furry tongue problem (one less thing to worry about)I originally thought it was as a side effect of the nausea.thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts