Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this board but unfortunately not new to IBS. I've had the condition since I was a kid and until recently had it under control. However, in the last few weeks I have become increasling naustious. I've never had this before. Can anyone tell me is this part of the condition? My bowel movements have changed too so I'm thinking it's IBS making itself known again. I've a feeling it may be caffiene that's triggered but unsure...HELP?Thanksdrc

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes i get nausea most mornings i have stopped caffine and have now stopped milk,i am using coffe mate whitner for tea and coffe i have found a milk called lactolite which has had the removed the sugar(lactose),this has helped also stopped fruit juice

·
Registered
9 Posts
yes i get nausea most mornings i have stopped caffine and have now stopped milk,i am using coffe mate whitner for tea and coffe i have found a milk called lactolite which has had the removed the sugar(lactose),this has helped also stopped fruit juice

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I've always had nausea with my IBS. It's worse in the mornings, but I've learned to really 'listen' to my body and know when it's not a good idea to jump out of bed and right into a hot shower. Eating smaller, but more frequent meals has helped me the most. If I'm feeling pretty bad, sometimes munching on crackers or granola helps.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I've always had nausea with my IBS. It's worse in the mornings, but I've learned to really 'listen' to my body and know when it's not a good idea to jump out of bed and right into a hot shower. Eating smaller, but more frequent meals has helped me the most. If I'm feeling pretty bad, sometimes munching on crackers or granola helps.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much Troubled99 and Ty. You think you have this bloody thing licked then it rears it's ugly head again. I'm also experiencing joint pain too, something I've discovered is part of the condition from this site. What a God send it is!Does ginger help with the nausea? I've tryed rennies but nothing!cheersdrc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank you very much Troubled99 and Ty. You think you have this bloody thing licked then it rears it's ugly head again. I'm also experiencing joint pain too, something I've discovered is part of the condition from this site. What a God send it is!Does ginger help with the nausea? I've tryed rennies but nothing!cheersdrc

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Ginger is supposed to help, but I have not found a good source of ginger (that I like!) that has helped. Like BobbieC, peppermint helps too. But I can't stand any hot drinks when I'm nauseous, so strong peppermint candies or breath mints are better for me.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Ginger is supposed to help, but I have not found a good source of ginger (that I like!) that has helped. Like BobbieC, peppermint helps too. But I can't stand any hot drinks when I'm nauseous, so strong peppermint candies or breath mints are better for me.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have stopped Caffiene and dairy, espically milk, I use a non dairy creamer in my coffee, the nausea and D have stopped now for a few weeks. I am amazed! I have suffered really bad IBS"D" for over 10 years now. I still take my meds and caltrate, but I really have been feeling better.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I have stopped Caffiene and dairy, espically milk, I use a non dairy creamer in my coffee, the nausea and D have stopped now for a few weeks. I am amazed! I have suffered really bad IBS"D" for over 10 years now. I still take my meds and caltrate, but I really have been feeling better.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Nausea is a very vague and relative term. Different people perceive nausea as different feelings. Some sense an "overactive" stomach where contents are pushing up. This is where a lot of the medications and remedies are helpful such as saltines, ginger, etc.For me, nausea is an "underactive" stomach where the contents feel too large for the stomach to hold, and it all just overflows from the bottom of my stomach to my throat. It's as if the stomach muscles won't move at all, and all solids and liquids, including water, just sit and pile up for about 12 hours. In my case, any liquid makes it 10 times worse.In either case, I think it helps to try to get my mind off of it and get involved in something that has nothing to do with food or stomach problems. Walking for 15-30 minutes can do wonders for my nausea at times.There may be other ways people feel when they claim to have "nausea." It can include a number of different feelings for different people.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Nausea is a very vague and relative term. Different people perceive nausea as different feelings. Some sense an "overactive" stomach where contents are pushing up. This is where a lot of the medications and remedies are helpful such as saltines, ginger, etc.For me, nausea is an "underactive" stomach where the contents feel too large for the stomach to hold, and it all just overflows from the bottom of my stomach to my throat. It's as if the stomach muscles won't move at all, and all solids and liquids, including water, just sit and pile up for about 12 hours. In my case, any liquid makes it 10 times worse.In either case, I think it helps to try to get my mind off of it and get involved in something that has nothing to do with food or stomach problems. Walking for 15-30 minutes can do wonders for my nausea at times.There may be other ways people feel when they claim to have "nausea." It can include a number of different feelings for different people.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
AD, what you describe sounds like gastroparesis, where the stomach empties extremely slowly, or sometimes stops pumping for a while, which causes a lot of nausea. I guess a lot of diabetics get it once in a while. I get it once in a while with my GERD and it's quite unpleasant. I always try to drink some liquid and then I will lay down flat until I feel my stomach moving or gurgling. After the "movements" start I always feel better.Otherwise for nausea I drink ginger tea or suck on an Altoid. For me my stomach seems to prefer hot and warm liquids when it is queasy, unlike Ty. I always say that I can handle the pain and the D bouts and the C cycles, but I can NOT handle the nausea. If that would go away permanently I would be sooooo happy!

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
AD, what you describe sounds like gastroparesis, where the stomach empties extremely slowly, or sometimes stops pumping for a while, which causes a lot of nausea. I guess a lot of diabetics get it once in a while. I get it once in a while with my GERD and it's quite unpleasant. I always try to drink some liquid and then I will lay down flat until I feel my stomach moving or gurgling. After the "movements" start I always feel better.Otherwise for nausea I drink ginger tea or suck on an Altoid. For me my stomach seems to prefer hot and warm liquids when it is queasy, unlike Ty. I always say that I can handle the pain and the D bouts and the C cycles, but I can NOT handle the nausea. If that would go away permanently I would be sooooo happy!

·
Registered
312 Posts
I get the nausea too. It's a nasty symptom, especially when I have lower abdominal cramps at the same time!
sorry I don't have any answers for you. I just have to deal with it until the nausea passes. Just wanted to let you know that you are not alone. IBS is something else, isn't it??!??!Darlene

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.