Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi Guys just want to start this thread to check whether any IBS- d Sufferers like myself (always had loose soft stools & abdomen cramps) faces nausea.. i was diagonised with IBS 1 year ago...but 2 months ago i started to have slight nausea feeling( which i never encounte since diagonised with GERD & IBS)..went to see my DOC and do all the checks from blood test , Abdomen ultrasound and stool test except the colonscope + endoscope which i had done 1 year back..to confirm i am not facing a new illness or compliacation from my abdomen , colon e.t.c All the test turns out Great!!! so fro last 1 month , now when my stomach feels uncomfortable, followed by heavy Burping (feeling of alot of trapped gas within )and the slight nausea feeling pop ups...Doc feels that it due to my Gerd..but i dun think so,,taking those PPI ~ Nexium for 2 weeks does not seem to reduce the nausea feeling which comes and goes every weekly lately. Sticking only to Probiotics and Occassional Anti spazm pills for now..But feel my condition with the stomach cramps and slight nausea not really improving anyone with IBS faces heavy burping (like trapped gas to release from abdomen) + nausea feeling when the stomach feels crampy ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I am ALWAYS nauseous! It is probably my worst symptom because I won't eat or drink anything. It is awful and I just want to throw up to make the feeling go away. I get a weird heaviness in my chest, feels like there is pressure there that needs to come up. I am working on diet to see if I can fix things. I've been recommended a low carb, low fat, gluten and lactose free diet by my nutritionist. I'm still trying to find out what else I need to eliminate. I took Nexium for a while. Was told that is depletes the body of calcium and magnisium leaving one more prone to infections and fractures. I got strep throat while I was taking it after 28 years of being strep throat free. That was just my experience, but I don't like to take prescription meds for a long time. I am more about finding a natural way if there is one. I was able to beat the acid reflux by changing my diet. Though recently I've had a few attacts, I think it is due to all the stress I am under right now. Let me know if you want any diet tips, I've discovered quite a few triggers for me.Victoria

·
Registered
14 Posts
I am ALWAYS nauseous! It is probably my worst symptom because I won't eat or drink anything. It is awful and I just want to throw up to make the feeling go away. I get a weird heaviness in my chest, feels like there is pressure there that needs to come up. I am working on diet to see if I can fix things. I've been recommended a low carb, low fat, gluten and lactose free diet by my nutritionist. I'm still trying to find out what else I need to eliminate. I took Nexium for a while. Was told that is depletes the body of calcium and magnisium leaving one more prone to infections and fractures. I got strep throat while I was taking it after 28 years of being strep throat free. That was just my experience, but I don't like to take prescription meds for a long time. I am more about finding a natural way if there is one. I was able to beat the acid reflux by changing my diet. Though recently I've had a few attacts, I think it is due to all the stress I am under right now. Let me know if you want any diet tips, I've discovered quite a few triggers for me.Victoria

·
Registered
14 Posts
I too am always nauseous. I have had ibs mostly D for over 20 years. The only perscription med I take is Lotronex. For the first 9 months I was on it the D was totally gone and the nausea was under control. Now D is not controlling my life and the nausea is still there but not as severe as it was. I still have it every day but it is not debilitating like it used to be. I also have been told I have acid issues (not the classic symtoms though) I take prilosec every other day and that usally takes care of it. I have tried every herbal/natural remedy out there and nothing has helped. I have also done dietary changes and nothing has helped.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Nausea can be greatly helped by using Ginger Capsules, Ginger tea or Ginger Ale. I found I needed the strength of the capsules to really help quell severe nausea.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Nausea can be greatly helped by using Ginger Capsules, Ginger tea or Ginger Ale. I found I needed the strength of the capsules to really help quell severe nausea.
I suffer with nausea all the time too....well, more recently anyway, but when I was first diagnosed with IBS years ago, the nausea was the most severe sympton. I try to stay away from coffee , salads and most fruit....on the recommendation of a moderator here, I will try the ginger tea and probably the capsules.....it works wonders for people who get sea sick, plus..it's not a drug. I took Librax but it made so tired I could barely function.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Me too. Thanks for the ginger and ginger ale tip. I will try those. I thought maybe it was a "new" problem. I bet my new doctors will just have to shove some tubing around just to check.
P.S. My diarrhea is not nearly as bad since the bifidiobacterium. I seem to just be going once a day, not at any special time (which still sucks) but at least not with the "OH" urgency that kept me scared of an accident. The gas and grumbling are less now that I workout more. Weight loss is still not so great (as in too skinny) but it could be due to my trouble eating enough to maintain weight. I took up Kayaking and weight lifting last month. Anyone still get very "hot" and sweat for no reason? That could be my age too.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Me too. Thanks for the ginger and ginger ale tip. I will try those. I thought maybe it was a "new" problem. I bet my new doctors will just have to shove some tubing around just to check.
P.S. My diarrhea is not nearly as bad since the bifidiobacterium. I seem to just be going once a day, not at any special time (which still sucks) but at least not with the "OH" urgency that kept me scared of an accident. The gas and grumbling are less now that I workout more. Weight loss is still not so great (as in too skinny) but it could be due to my trouble eating enough to maintain weight. I took up Kayaking and weight lifting last month. Anyone still get very "hot" and sweat for no reason? That could be my age too.
I sweat quite a bit too, but I"m post menopausal.....the ginger capsules may have helped I think! Can't drink any carbonated beverages though even though I like ginger ale..lolYou might gain more if you double up on the carbs.....the carbs are probably better for your tummy anyway

·
Registered
21 Posts
If it helps, I'm 22 and get very hot and sweaty (it usually comes along with the nausea). It's usually during the evening/night hours or right before/during an episode. Sometimes I think of the flushing as a warning sign of an upcoming episode (and try to take various medications asap).

·
Registered
6 Posts
hy ...im having IBS also and had nausea all the time but you have to be carefull with the artificial fibers, do not eat hard foods to digest and avoid chewing gum (try tic tac...works for me), try natural fibers or try to buy Citrucel from fharmacy...worked for me also...and drink lots of wather as tolerated. And NO juice with pulps. You may find some usefull infos on my web also about NAUSEA on GASTROBIZZ and related topics regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome linked with Nausea. I hope it helps you. Good luck

·
Registered
17 Posts
hy ...im having IBS also and had nausea all the time but you have to be carefull with the artificial fibers, do not eat hard foods to digest and avoid chewing gum (try tic tac...works for me), try natural fibers or try to buy Citrucel from fharmacy...worked for me also...and drink lots of wather as tolerated. And NO juice with pulps. You may find some usefull infos on my web also about NAUSEA on GASTROBIZZ and related topics regarding Irritable Bowel Syndrome linked with Nausea. I hope it helps you. Good luck
Unfortunately, I can't drink any water at this point. I am going to see my gastro dr tomorrow. Everything I drink makes me very nauseous

·
Registered
3 Posts
I had a spell today and it came with the nausea. I wasn't sure if anyone else got that symptom. I don't always have it, but when I do it is miserable. TO me it kinda feels like my stomach is blocked and the food can't move through. When I get that sensation and the D hits, there is nothing that helps. I get the sweats and just want to lay on the bathroom floor. Don't know what set it off, I had not had any issue for a dew days. went to fam's and wham! here we go! I was finally able to leave and drive home and now I get to spend the rest of the night running back and forth to the bathroom!!!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.