Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DOES ANYONE ELSE HAVE TIMES SITTING IN THE TOILET THINKING ITS THE END? I CAN BE IN AND OUT OF THERE FOR HOURS ON END AND SHAKE LIKE A JELLY TOTALLY OUT OF CONTROL. HAD PROBS WITH MY PERIODS FOR YEARS AND JUST GONE TO A GYN WHO IS SENDING ME FOR SCANS AND EXPLORATORY OPERATION....SINCE SEEING HIM 4 DAYS AGO I HAVE BEEN CONSTANTLY NAUSEOUS BUT CANT BE SICK, HAD D AND FEEL SO UNWELL - MAYBE AFTER BEING POKED AND PRODDED IT MAY HAVE SET OFF THE IBS....AND MEANT TO BE HAVING A ROMANTIC BREAK IN S.OF FRANCE THIS THURS.....GOT TRANSVAGINAL SCAN MONDAY WITH RESULTS WED, FLY OUT THURS AM....ANY IDEAS??? CANT EAT COS CAN'T HOLD ANYTHIN IN, CANT SLEEP COS SO UNCOMFORTABLE HELP! SO MUCH 4 ROMANCE! :love:

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi Millie etc.,I'm sorry that you are suffering like this.To answer your question, yes, I do know what that's like.I have often been so sick on the toilet that I got hot and cold spells with "the shakes", and thought I would black out from the pain.Afterwards, I would be completely exhausted, and still shaky.You might already know that most people with IBS are women.You also may already know that there are a number of us who also suffer with "women's problems' as well.There is a forum to discuss exactly these issues, listed as "Woman's Issues".I have suffered for years with endometriosis as well as IBS.The internal scarring was possibly caused by the endo or else surgeries, and it aggravates my IBS.If you can coordinate with a doctor who understands IBS as well as gynecology issues, it may help.I don't know if your troubles are caused by the same things as mine, but it sould be a good idea to mention these symptoms (and IBS) to your gynecologist. Also, you may want to discuss the gynecology issues with whatever doctor you see for the IBS problems.I hope this is of some help.
Take care . . . from Lexi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your reply. I am new to the site and am just finding my way around so I will look at the women's issues. I was diagnosed with IBS about 8 years ago and spells come and go. I had a holiday of a lifetime to Gracelands and on to Cancun 2 years ago and spent most of the time you know where! I even had to leave my own wedding early back in '95 because I was so ill. The women's problems started after I had to come off the pill, as thrombosis was in my family and I was at risk. I feel this attack has come on since my examination by the gynea as I didn't have any symptoms of the IBS before Wednesday, though I know they can appear whenever they like!!! (and not always at the appropriate time!!)Thank you so much once again...... and say a little prayer for me on Monday..... I feel quite afraid!Take care....Amanda xx

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi Amanda,I'm going to keep my fingers crossed for you on Monday.You might want to mention to your doctors that you are going on a trip shortly.Perhaps a very mild tranquilizer may help?Or maybe some meds to help with the tummy troubles more directly?Often, any change of routine, or even the thought of it, is enough to precipitate a nasty IBS flare-up.It's like a vicious circle: stress leads to IBS which leads to stress, etc.The IBS attacks can be very vicious indeed.
Even something as positive as a holiday trip can bring on some type of stress.I'm hoping for a good few days for you before you leave for your holiday.
Take care . . . from Lexi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Lexi,I take mild tranquilizers already. Had as many meds as you can probably list.....I lost my Mum 7 months ago, and am not dealing with it too well but its very early days. Started a new business 6 months ago, so haven't had enough time to grieve like I feel the need to which all adds to the stress which obviously adds to the IBS!Thank you for all your kind words and I am sure that this site will really help me xxxx

·
Registered
295 Posts
Hello,I cannot really offer any suggestions but I can relate. When I have an episode I can spend long periods of time on the toilet with nausea. I shake and get hot flashes. It is horrible and only someone who has gone through it can understand.I went on a trip to London and I got sick the 2nd day and spend the majority of that day in the hotel room. It was awful.Now when I go on a vacation I eat very mild foods, though I am not sure how much this would help. I avoid everything that comes from an animal (dairy, meat, etc) and it helps keep my bowels calm. Good Luck.Carly

·
Registered
183 Posts
Well first off, good luck with your tests.Second off, been there and hate it. I'll be sitting there, sweating, shaking, get cold, more sweating and shaking, then right before a D movement, I'll either feel like my gut is eating me from the inside, or I'm going to puke, but don't. And them sometimes I'll feel like I'm going to black out.Hate it. Need a cure!Good luck!

89 Posts
WOW!! I get the exact same thing. It's only happened to me 3 times but each time I felt like I was going to die (or I wanted to!) -it feels like food/alcohol poisoning! - the shaking is really scary, and the hot and cold alternating plus the twisting stomach pain...ugg, just thinking about it is sickening.The only thing I can say is - do you know what caused the attacK???? Try to find a way to link those episodes so you can learn to manage what you eat and/or what you are thinking/doing so it won't happen again!! I wish I could give you more advice, but I haven't figured enough out yet myself either. Also, I read what you posted about losing your mum 7 months ago - I'm really sorry ;( and also starting a new business 6 months ago - and I just have to tell you that you are sounding very stressed. Maybe you can try to put some time/energy into yourself... giving yourself time to think and also relax. It's just a suggestion, from a feeling I got reading your post.We're wishing you well for your vacation (and otherwise) - Keep in touch!

·
Registered
888 Posts
I get times when I'm on the loo in pain and start sweating really hard and shake and feel sick. On three occassions it's been so bad I havent been able to see properly and have felt myself almost collpasing. its scary.if you are suffering from diahoea, have you tried immodium? You could take that whilst in France to make sure you don't get any D or urgency to go to the toilet. I've just had a nasty attack and have just this minute taken some. It takes 20 mins to kick in. I also take ibuprofen too for pain afterwards.About a year ago when I first started getting symptoms I didn't feel I would ever get better. I still have constant pain and since my new diet (saw deitician 3 wks ago) ive been worse. I'm sure its got soemthing to do with milk! Anyway......I take 10mg of an anti depressant which has really helped me cope with the pain as well as block it. I don't get so scared anymore of the pain, although its never nice.Let us know how you are.....Vicky xoxo(also from the UK!!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi all. Just got back from hospital - scan showed nothing so now I gotta have a laperoscopy and hysterology - where they take a biopsy - but this has all made my tummy go into overdrive... look like I'm about to have a baby! Goin away tomorrow but really really don't feel like it....Take care all of you, lotsa love xxxxxxxxxxPS Be back Sunday - hope the french toilets are re-inforced! xxxxxxxxx

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.