Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone get nausea with their IBS? I have slight nausea often but last night I felt pains in my upper abdomen as well as under the both sides of my rib cage & felt really nauseous. I vomited a couple of times and felt better. I had this same thing happen several months ago & my doctor did an ultrasound of my gallbladder which was normal. I'm on daily meds for IBS. Is this nausea & occasional vomiting part of IBS? THANKS!

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi.Apparently nausea/vomiting is a part of IBS. I have bouts which last up to 2 days of horrible stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. After many visits, the docs still say it's IBS....so, I totally understand what you're going through. Have you tried Phenergan for it? That usually helps when I have only mild nause/vomiting. If you have any questions, feel free to email me- marriah###themail.com.
, Marriah

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi.Apparently nausea/vomiting is a part of IBS. I have bouts which last up to 2 days of horrible stomach pain, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. After many visits, the docs still say it's IBS....so, I totally understand what you're going through. Have you tried Phenergan for it? That usually helps when I have only mild nause/vomiting. If you have any questions, feel free to email me- marriah###themail.com.
, Marriah

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Alot of people with IBS can have this, its not a diagnostic symptom for IBS, but its not uncommon either.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Alot of people with IBS can have this, its not a diagnostic symptom for IBS, but its not uncommon either.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hmm...maybe that's what hits me once every year practically. I always thought it was a stomach flu or food poisoning.But yeah. I didn't escape this year, either. This past Friday, vomiting, diarrhea.It's very very annoying.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hmm...maybe that's what hits me once every year practically. I always thought it was a stomach flu or food poisoning.But yeah. I didn't escape this year, either. This past Friday, vomiting, diarrhea.It's very very annoying.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
When my IBS-D get's really bad I have horrible nausea and vomiting and D, back ache stomach pain, and everything else....When the pain got really bad that is the first thing I would do was to get sick....When the pain wasnt horrible I would throw-up a few times and feel better...What has worked so good for me is learning the foods that trigger my IBS-D..It has been 5 months since I have been sick with IBSHope you feel better soon...I use to take Zofran and Phenegran for my nausea...The Zofran was expensive but the insurance pain for it

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
When my IBS-D get's really bad I have horrible nausea and vomiting and D, back ache stomach pain, and everything else....When the pain got really bad that is the first thing I would do was to get sick....When the pain wasnt horrible I would throw-up a few times and feel better...What has worked so good for me is learning the foods that trigger my IBS-D..It has been 5 months since I have been sick with IBSHope you feel better soon...I use to take Zofran and Phenegran for my nausea...The Zofran was expensive but the insurance pain for it

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is exactly my problem. A year ago I was diagnosed after many tests with IBS and take levsin 3 times a day. I do have diarhea but my main problem is nausea. I munch on candy ginger on bad days but can't eat much (l've lost 30 pounds from this). What is phenergan? is it over the counter? I recently started seeing a chiropractor for lower back pain and she tells me its my intestinal zone. I haven't seen many results and my nausea has acted up. Has anyone had success seeing a chiro?

·
Registered
2 Posts
That is exactly my problem. A year ago I was diagnosed after many tests with IBS and take levsin 3 times a day. I do have diarhea but my main problem is nausea. I munch on candy ginger on bad days but can't eat much (l've lost 30 pounds from this). What is phenergan? is it over the counter? I recently started seeing a chiropractor for lower back pain and she tells me its my intestinal zone. I haven't seen many results and my nausea has acted up. Has anyone had success seeing a chiro?

·
Registered
459 Posts
rosem, Phenergan is a prescription med. Ask your doc about it, it may help with your nausea, depending on how severe it is. It no longer works for me, even the shots I get of it in the ER, so now I'm going to try Compazine (sp?) suppositories.
, Marriah

·
Registered
459 Posts
rosem, Phenergan is a prescription med. Ask your doc about it, it may help with your nausea, depending on how severe it is. It no longer works for me, even the shots I get of it in the ER, so now I'm going to try Compazine (sp?) suppositories.
, Marriah

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.