Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ok am at the end of my teather! my doctor (seen 5) all said i have ibs, been on certain pills for the nausea, but what agrivates me the most is, i eat to see if it goes away but it doesnt...i go for a bm and it still doesnt go away, im effin fed up of it all, im gettin so stressed its untrue, i miss the real me! i wake up every morning and its the same effin #### all the time no matter what i do i cannot seem to escape it... it effects what i fancy eating, my mood, my temper everything! ive been on metochlopramide few months back, it worked for 2 weeks then decided it didnt want to work the only way i can describe it is that i feel i have a constant tummy bug that hasnt shifted in 3 months! anyone else sufferign in this way? i cannot function, its doing my nut, im gettin so stressed as you can proberly tell! o yh forgot to say im also on the contraceptive pill microgynon, its been 3 weeks n 3 days today, could this also be playin a part to how i feel? or could this be the reason, last week i was craving milk and im off certain foods. (see my thread in the womans health issues for more info)

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Pealea you are very very far from being alone. All of us have probably felt as you do at one time or another.I understand what you are saying and can identify with much of what you said. However..For many of us IBS is just something we learn to deal with on a daily basis. We learn to manage our symptoms through much trial & error. It can be done.. just takes some time and loads of patience and a certain level of acceptance of things the way they are. I learned "new" ways to function.I found stressing about it all to make it worse so I tried to push that energy into finding ways to calm my symptoms.For nausea I have found that ginger capsules & tea and flat ginger ale seem to help.

·
Registered
722 Posts
You poor thing,i know exactly how you feel,IBS has ruined my life and i am not the bubbly person i used to be years ago.I do try to 'keep my chin up'but it certainly isn't easy! I am nauseated a lot of the time and my GP has tried to help by prescribing anti-nausea tablets but they did not help.Remember there are other types that you may want to try.Sometimes peppermint tea may ease it a bit or you could try ginger capsules from health food shop.Hope you find something that helps.Remember you are not alone.Take care.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
haha im on peppermint tea like flies onshit lol and my bfs mum is a nurse for cancer patients and suggested crystalized ginger n she baught me some, it just burnt my mouth off lol!

·
Registered
722 Posts
You sound like me i have tried everything there is for severe ibs,but nothing has helped.All we can do is keep on looking.Maybe one day find a relief from the symptoms.

·
Community Manager
13,177 Posts
Hi PeaLea sorry you're feeling so bad. yes it's rough--i have problems with nausea and bloating too--have good days and bad days. and i've tried all sorts of things--peppermint tea and ginger included--and nothing really helps--just have to wait for it to pass i guess. yesterday was a bad one--so i just put on my fat clothes (because of the bloating--i'm actually a bit thin except for that big ol' bloat!) and rode it out. just have to make the most of your good days i guess which often is easier said than done i know...maybe your nausea is caused at least in part by your contraceptive pill--did you try googling it to find out the side effects? (sorry i haven't made it over to the women's board for your post there) you might want to check it out.hope you feel better soon...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yeh im thin too lol and my bloat look odd spesh on me, yh i thought my pill worse off now its been 3 weeks n 3 days, i guess not! i do have SOME goodish days but it does linger

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Try the Ginger Caps.... I'm sure there won't be any mouth burning with those.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
im worse in the mornings, though i can have my breakfast and from there i get pains behind my belly button, n its that which begins to make me feel sick! i just want my life back
i dont feel like my nutty bubbly self i just so fed up, ive tried all sorts the docs said they cannot help me anymore..its like one day i woke up n wham that was it, every night got to bed hopin something will change back

·
Community Manager
13,177 Posts
Hi PeaLeai just googled microgynon and the first side effect listed is nausea and vomiting. so maybe that is either the cause of your nausea or at least a partial cause. i remember when i was on the pill (years ago) i had lots of nausea. i finally switched over to an iud ---no more nausea after that (til the ibs-c got worse years later) http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/medicines/100001653.htmlso you might want to try switching b/c pills just to see if that helps. a different type of pill might lessen the nausea. or else try some other method of b/c. the iud worked great for me---the only tough part was the insertion but it was worth it--once that was over--smooth sailing--no side effects. i felt lucky to find something that worked without making me sick. mornings are worse for me too. another thing about nausea---make sure you drink lots of water--i've found keeping hydrated really helps reduce nausea somewhat --i get even queasier when i get too dry.oh yeah it's frustrating---hope you feel better soon...

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey annie7 yeh that was what was on my packet, and i drink pleanty of water i visit the toilet alot to pee lol! im not sure if its my ibs or the pill, because since i started the pill i havent felt better even on good days id feel iffy! before i started id only get till goin towards my period n the docs thought it was my period that set my ibs off, so maybe a change is in order...is 3 weeks long enough? i just started my second pack, 4 days into it

·
Community Manager
13,177 Posts
yeah you might want to try a change now--i would think three weeks would be a long enough trial. when i was on the pill i tried several different kinds before giving it up completely. some pills made me more nauseous than others. i'd give them about a month trial and then switch to another one in hopes of finding some relief.hormones definitely affect my nausea and my ibs-c. i get nauseous when i'm backed up with c but going through menopause has made my nausea worse.. and back when i was having periods i would get diarrhea right before they'd start--which was actually a blessing for me, being c all the time..

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeh i get ibs-c! and i find if i cannot go i feel sicker! but after i go the nausea returns usually! imgoing to ring after 2pmas they are on lunch now to see if i can get an appointment next week to change over, im loving not having periods because it does make my ibs worse, so im not giving up on bc as yet, it just that before i started bc i would have atleast 2 weeks gap when id feel ok between my periods n ovulation. so im guessing this type of pill and the constant input of hormones has sent me do lally!

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
HiHave you been tested forGastritisorHiatus herniaThey can both cause constant nausea.Ian

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Hey Ian.. nope not been tested for any..what does it involve? it maybe hard because my docs keep sayin awhhh sush just ibs..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Have you tried sea bands? They are like an elastic fabric bracelet with a plastic thing that presses an accupuncture point. THey helped a lot during my pregnancy and last night that I was dying from nausea (I am emetophobic) they took the edge off. You can look them up in amazon, they're cheap. There is also an electronic device that stimulates the point, but I think that one was much more expensive. But if you are suffering every day, even that one can be worth buying. It's called relief band. FOr me the sea bands were enough and they made a huge difference between my 2 pregnancies. Hope you find relief soon because, in my opinion, nausea is by far the worst GI symptom.Diana

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
hi Pee leeA scope will turn up gastritis or hernis if they are there. Here is a list of things that i have used for nausea as i am emetophobic as well. (have been for almost 2o odd years now, brought on by chronic gastritis, GERD and a hiatus hernia when i was a child.)1.. A prokinetic. Motilium or metoclopramide. motilium (Domperidone) isnt available in the U.S but is available in canada by mail order. it speeds up the transit of food through the stomach and digestive system and kills nausea for about 4 hours at a time. it dosent cause an upset stomach either.2.. Pepto bismol (OTC)3.. Gaviscon (OTC)4.. Ginger tea is realy really good.5.. deep abdominal breathing slowly6.. avoiding triger foods that upset your stomach, and avoiding high acidity foods.7.. sipping coca cola helps. i dont know what ingreedient it is but there is something in coke that deals with nausea. (Honestly, google it!!)8.. vitamin B12 suppliments help intrinsic factor in the stomach, which can help all sorts of stomach problems.9.. a good but mild probiotic either in yoghurt or capsual form. you may feel initially worse but after a few days to a few weeks you may see some stunning differences. stay away from pre biotics though, alot of people dont get on with them. trial and error i guess.10.. Mint tea can help, but on the other hand it can also make things worse, so again it is trial and error.11. eating smaller meals, or as i have taken to doing, grazing on food through out the day. this dosent suit everybody, but it works for my stomach. try it and see.12.. making sure that you are adequately hydrated. dehydratiion to any extent can cause nausea and it wont go away untill you have rehydrated. took me a long time to work this out.13.. anxiety and worry/panic can also cause nausia. i know its a viscious circle but try and stay calm, think about something else, do a cross word, plan a round the world trip, anything that diverts your mind from focusing on how you are feeling. this can be easier said than done!14.. SEA BANDS. use teh P6 Pressure points on teh inner wrists. cheap and available in most pharmacys and on ebay. they work extremely well for 80% of people.15.. eating something dry like toast or a cracker. dosent always work, but worth a try.16.. DO NOT SMOKE. if you somek, stay off em untill teh nausea passes. having a smoke will create more stomach acid and loosen teh sphinctor at the top of the stomach which wont help things.17.. ANTI HYSTEMINES. taking some pyriton or benadryl may help. cheersIan

·
Registered
293 Posts
I too have daily nausea that is ruining my life. I've tried diet exclusions, no dairy, no wheat etc and it doesn't help. Probiotics, anti nausea tablets, ginger capsules, vitamin b6, sea bands etc and nothing gets rid of it.I do think maybe you should try a different pill, Microgynon is the worse one for causing nausea. I was on it for 6 months and came off as was incredibly sick and had painful periods, same with my sister. I am now on Loestrin 30 and so much better

·
Registered
5 Posts
I think it's worth it to either change your pill or go off of it for a couple months and see if your nausea gets better.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts