Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.I just registered. I should mention for the moderators that it took about half an hour of trying to get registered. The page kept cycling back to the rules page rather than a form that would take my name, ect.I have had IBS most of my adult life. Also lactose intolerant since I was born. I can do some milk, and handle cheese and canned milk pretty well. My IBS is the kind with diarhea only. Constipation would be wonderful.
In the past it wasn't bad enough for me to join a group; I just thought of it as a bothersome digestive quirk of mine. But in the last few weeks [and maybe with age] it has gotten bad enough that I am looking for help. It seems that every day I am having to take anti-diarheal med.[over the counter]. This can't be good for me. I am a person who has taken almost no meds in her life. Part of it, to be honest, is that I have been overeating the past two weeks, after a lifetime of being slim and watching the diet, I guess I've been on a bender.
I would really appreciate it if someone could point me to a diet that showed the proper foods one with my kind of ibs should be eating, what to avoid, ect. I have seen in some places raves for diets they say help with both types of ibs. I wouldn't be interested in that. Thanks so much for any input. summer.rain

·
Banned
7,295 Posts
Welcome summer.rain!Have your read our Diet page, http://www.ibsgroup.org/diet ? It may give you some pointers. We cannot direct you to a specific IBS diet because there just doesn't seem to be one. Rather, diet seems to be individual to each person. The act of eating in itself seems to cause an overreaction in how our guts respond.I too am lactose intolerant and tended to be IBS-D. The one dramatic difference for me in the last few years wasn't a change in diet, but rather taking daily probiotics. It dramatically changed my pattern from IBS-D to almost IBS-C.JeffP.S. We'll look into that registration problem that you encountered.

·
Registered
908 Posts
People with IBS D tend to do well on a low carb diet. But you have to play around with them until you find one that works. I had good success with the Candida diet. It is low carb and a very healthy diet and can help regardless if you have Candida issues or not.http://www.healingnaturallybybee.com/Some people have success with SCD, another low carb diet.http://www.breakingtheviciouscycle.info/Good luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jeffrey.I will look into the suggested information page. I guess it is pretty individual. We seem to have some common problems, but with probiotics you could light a match by me and I'd start a fire!summer.rain

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Patman, Thanks for the input. I don't have the candida, don't know what sbi is. I am a vegetarian, which is hard cause beans do what beans do, and veggies can be full of fiber. I rely alot on carbs, tend toward hypoglycemia, family tendency. Life would not be worth it without good bread.
Lately I have been looking closer at bread ingredients. I cut out whole grain because almost all of it has added fiber of some kind. The big companies always go overboard. Some of the trend is on fibre, so let's put fibre in everything, never mind those who are aggravated by it. So I am thinking about going back to homemade bread. summer.rain

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have tried many Probiotics, but they seem to work for a couple of days, then completely fail..I would like to know the kind of probiotic Jeffrey is useing.Can you tell us Jeff?Carmwoman

1 - 6 of 6 Posts