Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had stomach issues nearly all my life, I'm now 19 and have decided I'm going to a DR to try and get some help and make sure I have IBS. I've had the upper and lower gi done about 7 years ago, but want to get rechecked. I live in Randleman NC, work in Asheboro. If anyone on this board lives in this area and can recommend me a gastrologist, or tell me who not to go to, I'd really appreciate it. I know dr's aren't much help with IBS, but I'm hoping there might be one around my area that is familiar with it and can help. I tried calling around and asking the receptionist if their doctor has any success is treating ibs but they all just tell me to come in for an appointment. I can't afford to spend all my money moving from dr to dr, and would rather find a good one right away.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
I would recommend checking with the UNC hospital in Chapel Hill.They have a functional GI clinic as part of the GI department. Dr Drossman is my doctor, he is one of the leading researchers in IBS, but it can take awhile to get an appointment with him, but there may be others in the group that can see you quicker. http://www.med.unc.edu/medicine/fgidc/thectr.htm is a URL for the center.I did one of the clinical trials they do there and had really good results for my IBS. K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.