Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really scared, I left my job 2 months ago because of my IBS I was working at a grocery store, i was cashier great place, but the only problem was me, my Ibs. I left one fay never went back. I have a car 2000 ford mustange needing to pay my monthly payment. I was selling stuff on ebay to pay my payment now i ran out of things to sell, I've been building a website to see if I can sell A business software kit. But I need a job, i'm so scared of working around people, beacuse of my IBS, always bloated, major gas!!!, gurgling bubbling, belching, everything, constipation to diareha. Anyone have an advice to give on what to do, I mean i always feel sick i can't even eat anymore, I 've had this problem since i was in eigth grade, so for 7 years now. I need help. I mean i'm not a laxy person very hard worker but my IBS makes me look like a lazy no future no of a life kinda person, it has interfered with me being sucessful. please someone with some advice? i also i've gone or started college. I've heard of the online college they have. Anyone know about them, if you do, do you think there any good??????

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you have IBS-D try taking Immodium before going to work, this should stop the D and most of the gas. Also explain to your boss that you have a medical condition, if they're a nice person, they should be symphathetic and understanding about your problem. If anything, they'd commend you for being brave enough to explain it to them. Also, and I know I've mentioned this before, check into getting onto ant-anxiety meds, anxiety is not going to make work any easier and it definately worsens your symptoms. Please check into this, it'll make you feel so much better, I know I do!
And I have heard of colleges online and have heard they are pretty good, so go for it! My community college offers ELI (Extended Learning Institute) classes that you do at home and I have a bunch of friends who have taken them and said they enjoyed it, so check into a local community college to see if they offer those. Hope this helps. Take Care :love: Lindsay

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.