Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok here's my latest..Just back from a week in Majorca with my young family and husband. I was so dreading it that I took 6 Immodium even before going to the airport! Of course the consequence of that was no BM for 3 days after. I was so nervous every time I went out for dinner etc I was taking another Immodium and Calcium, along with a couple of drinks (well a few if I'm completely honest) for Dutch Courage to calm me down. I did watch what I ate and tried to steer clear of any rubbish. I muddled through and did manage to go to the pool and beach with the family which I was pleased with. So Friday comes along for flying home and I knew I would have to take lots of Immodium again. As before did not poop until last night (sunday) with severe pain along with what seemed like concrete blocks (sorry for the graphic description).Felt ok this morning, hubby back to work, kids at home on hols, got lots of housework done and then had lunch. I've since spent most of my afternoon in my ensuite with lots of D and in between trying to write this. I literally feel like s***! Luckily my kids are playing well together today, but I already feel guilty that their going to miss out on all the great things we could do over the holidays if they had a 'normal' mum.I'm hoping my body is just trying to get rid of all 'foreign bodies' and will get back to better health tomorrow.
Sorry for the rambling on

·
Registered
89 Posts
I am sure that your kids will love you just the same. To them I am sure that you are a normal mom. They probably understand alot more than you think they do. I hope you feel better.Andy

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hang in there...I totally agree with Andy. I wonder if the D could be from using all the Imodium? I use it too (I also drink "liquid courage" from time to time). The important thing is not to beat yourself up!!Take care!

·
Registered
476 Posts
OK, so you feel #### now. But just think what a tremendous acheivement you've just made. You've been on a plane, to a foreign country for a week! That's amazing - Truely for someone with IBS. The D could now be just the body adjusting back to normal. You've taken larger amounts of Imodium to keep the D at bay, and now you're probably taking less, so the D has returned with avengence! Hopefully your body should settle down shortly. Hang in there, hope you feel better soon!

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words of support, feeling a little better this morning so I'm determined to venture out with the kids, even if it's just for an hour in the car.Thanks again

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.