Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
I finished my analysis of my traction procedure and posted it to a blog. The problem I see with MACE is that it might mess up a phenomenon called ileo-cecal reflux (ICR). ICR deactivates celiac vagal afferents, which wind- up increasing the vago-vagal reflexes that are responsible for gastric emptying. Now if your stomach is filled with coffee (200 mg caffeine), it could cause hydration of the colon, mostly by activating secreto-motor neurons of the ileum, (i.e. it gives me diahrrhea). If your interested in trying my non-invasive procedure, before you have a surgery, send me your e-mail address, and I'll send you my paper, (with figures not on the blog).There are basically five ingredients needed for the regimen to work: 1) Coffee, 2)Amitiza, 3)cervical Traction, 4)Wellbutrin, 5)time spent rocking on one's sides to activate colonic afferents (about three hours).

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your answers. Babender, I have done a lot of reading here on this forum and saw that a partial colectomy helped a lot of people who did not find alternative solutions. It seems so drastic though and scary, this is why I am asking if the consequences are big on the long term..Screeb thanks my email is unionjacks1000###yahoo.com. I did not understand what is MACE or ICR..Any other advice??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
quote:Originally posted by Adviceseeker:Thanks for your answers. Babender, I have done a lot of reading here on this forum and saw that a partial colectomy helped a lot of people who did not find alternative solutions. It seems so drastic though and scary, this is why I am asking if the consequences are big on the long term.. I did not understand what is MACE or ICR..Any other advice??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
quote:Originally posted by Adviceseeker:Thanks for your answers. Babender, I have done a lot of reading here on this forum and saw that a partial colectomy helped a lot of people who did not find alternative solutions. It seems so drastic though and scary, this is why I am asking if the did not understand what is MACE or ICR..Any other advice??

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
quote:Originally posted by Adviceseeker:Thanks for your answers. Babender, I have done a lot of reading here on this forum and saw that a partial colectomy helped a lot of people who did not find alternative solutions. It seems so drastic though and scary, this is why I am asking if the consequences are big on the long term... I did not understand what is MACE or ICR..Any other advice??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.