Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have been having a pain in my left side for a few months and after blood work my doctor belives it's ibs. I have also been to a gi and they belive the same thing. More blood work has been ordered as a percaution from the gi. THe gi have given me samples of align lst thursday. I have been more gassy then usual however i have had less diarreha. Well this morning i had a dark stool which was thick. Shortly ever i had to go to the bathroom 4 times with diarhea. SHould I be concerned? My left side, where i had the pain from the get goes feels like a tired type of pain.

·
Registered
168 Posts
When you say that the stool was dark, was it black or just darker than usual? Sometimes dark stool can be from things you eat, especially if you're taking pepto bismol or iron supplements. It's probably nothing, but I'd continue to keep an eye on your stool and let your GI doctor know what's going on.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a dark brown not quite black as there was a small thing of brown on it. I am waiting for the gi to call me back. I havent gone to the bathroom since and fell tired. The pain on my left is the same.

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
The only dark that is worth worrying about is black and tarry. Any version of dark brown can be just from stool having enough time to change color completely. The bacteria in the colon change the yellow or green color from the bile into a dark brown over time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts