Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, This is my first post here. I am a 24 year old female with a healthy lifestyle. I am starting to wonder if I have IBS. Some background: I have suffered from severe cramps and diarrhea since I was in high school when I was diagnosed with being lactose intolerant. Not eating dairy has dramatically helped my situation, but I still suffer cycles of constipation and diarrhea each month. The bouts seem to follow my menstrual cycle, but I use lactulose when I start getting constipated and then they are not always and those bouts are not too bad. I do have severe bouts of diarrhea every 8 weeks or so that last for 2-3 days; I am hesitant to take Immodium for these bouts because I know it will just aggravate the constipation/diarrhea cycle. It is very frustrating because it prevents me from doing a lot of things (I'm sure you can relate). Anyways, my question is: what lifestyle changes/habits can I make to help my situation? I already eat pretty healthfully, but maybe there are certain trigger foods I should avoid? I always read mixed reviews about fiber... what has your experience been like? What about exercise? Thank you!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.