Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I have a dilemma. About 2 weeks ago, a bad bacteria was found in my stool sample and I was really sick with running to bathroom with diarhea and mucousy stools for over 24 hours. Saw Doctor on Friday and then submitted stool sample on Sunday. It was a holiday on Monday and then Tue or Wed, the Dr. called me with the results and left a message that if I still had the severe diarhea, she had a prescription for antibiotics because of the bad bacteria they found in my stool sample. So she sent the prescription to pharmacy but after listening to her message, I decided not to pick it up because I didn't have diarhea anymore by that time. However, a couple of weeks have gone by and I've been on a very restricted diet (apple, banana, maple syrup lemonade, broth, chicken) but last night I decided to try Coconut milk. Turns out it was coconut milk pressed from coconut, not just the coconut milk inside the coconut so it was very rich with coconut oil, and I made the mistake of drinking a very big glass full, which I regreted almost immediately cause I didn't feel well afterwards. Then I had insomnia all night cause I felt sick, and now today I have very bad diarhea again. Although not with all the mucous in it like when I had the bad bacteria in my gut. So I am wondering if I should go to the pharmacy and pick up the prescription and take it. I really don't want to take antibiotics cause I don't do well on probiotics (specially ones with FOS and prebiotics in it). So I am very worried about taking the antibiotics that I might get way worse. Yet, this diarhea that keeps reflaring up. I was doing fairly well till the diarhea again. What would anyone on here recommend? Should I just stick it out with BRAT diet or should I bite the bullet and take the antibiotics?Genie75

1 - 1 of 1 Posts