Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
I definately think you may want to visit another doc, I don't think that the first one really gave you the attention you deserve.On a side note, wiat till you get married. Not only can I not sleep, but my stomache makes enough noise to keep my wife awake. LOLLucky for me she's very supportive.CMC

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Oh my Gosh, Rosie i am just like you. Im so glad there is someone who feels the same. I've been testing to see if certain foods trigger off these noises. I notice that caffeine makes me mega nervous, so i've stopped all together. Im just testing out wheat and bread. But we'll see. Will definatley study those sites everyone has suggested, and I am definitley going to a different doctor, cos quite frankly my doctor SUX! lol Anymore feedback will be gratefulThank you all!iio

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Oh my Gosh, Rosie i am just like you. Im so glad there is someone who feels the same. I've been testing to see if certain foods trigger off these noises. I notice that caffeine makes me mega nervous, so i've stopped all together. Im just testing out wheat and bread. But we'll see. Will definatley study those sites everyone has suggested, and I am definitley going to a different doctor, cos quite frankly my doctor SUX! lol Anymore feedback will be gratefulThank you all!iio

· Registered
18 Posts
I've now become resigned to the fact that I have to take immodium every day so I can lead some sort of a normal life. The noises are not always so bad when I take it and of course it means I don't have to run to the toilet quite as often. I know my symptoms are caused by anxiety and when I don't take immodium my anxiety is ten times worse because I worry about having an attack. I'm sure that 'normal' peoples' stomachs make noises from time to time. Perhaps we are just being too hard on ourselves. Probably no one cares anyway, I mean if I sat next to someone with a gurgling stomach I wouldn't care. I wish I could stop being so hypersensitive about my symptoms.

· Registered
18 Posts
I've now become resigned to the fact that I have to take immodium every day so I can lead some sort of a normal life. The noises are not always so bad when I take it and of course it means I don't have to run to the toilet quite as often. I know my symptoms are caused by anxiety and when I don't take immodium my anxiety is ten times worse because I worry about having an attack. I'm sure that 'normal' peoples' stomachs make noises from time to time. Perhaps we are just being too hard on ourselves. Probably no one cares anyway, I mean if I sat next to someone with a gurgling stomach I wouldn't care. I wish I could stop being so hypersensitive about my symptoms.

· Registered
3 Posts
try a digestive enzyme before eating check with a health store there help to break down the foods further requiring less work for your stomach. Also diet is important the heavier a person is the more taxing ibs can be on the system. I lost 60 pounds and quit eating greasy food (pizza, mcd's) and the symptoms dropped to half the occurences and drink more water this is the cleanser.

· Registered
3 Posts
try a digestive enzyme before eating check with a health store there help to break down the foods further requiring less work for your stomach. Also diet is important the heavier a person is the more taxing ibs can be on the system. I lost 60 pounds and quit eating greasy food (pizza, mcd's) and the symptoms dropped to half the occurences and drink more water this is the cleanser.

· Registered
119 Posts
Here's the checklist of 10 steps to better health:Hydration - water intake Colon health Enzymes and digestion Drug check pH Balancing (Acidity / Alklainity) Subluxation resolution Vitamins and minerals The four food groups Motion Sunshine

· Registered
119 Posts
Here's the checklist of 10 steps to better health:Hydration - water intake Colon health Enzymes and digestion Drug check pH Balancing (Acidity / Alklainity) Subluxation resolution Vitamins and minerals The four food groups Motion Sunshine

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.