Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am so glad I found that website, I was starting to think I was the only one with that problem. It started 10 years ago when I gave birth to my first child. I had bad cramps that would keep me awake all night. I tried everything to help with the pain but nothing worked.Eventually, it seems like it went away for a while, I had some pain once in a while, but since 2 weeks ago it's worse. I get cramps almost every 2 days. After supper yesterday, I had to go to bed because it hurts too much.I was wondering if anyone could give me good advice on how to help with the pain when it happens.It scares me because there's Crohn Disease in the family and I am afraid it will get worse.Thank you very much for your help, I am so glad I found others with the same problem as mine.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi my doctor tested me for Crohn's, celiac's and bowel cancer to rule these out. i suggest you ask your doctor for these tests. I also get cramps in my side and prescribed me a tablet called buscopan which help with the cramping very well, i also drink Anise-Fennel-caraway Herb tea made by Floradix which help with bloating in the lower region. The cramp in the side i have found out are when your stools are turning the bend in your colon. To help avoid this you need to drink plenty of water as water gets absorbed in the colon which make your stools go hard, plenty of water helps keep them soft. I hope this will help you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.