Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going for a three day re-union out of town. Hotel is 20 miles from main re-union centre. First was excited, now getting anxious as to what I can do to cut down the stress of worrying about IBS attack. Very very modest and shy - simply cannot use public washrooms. Anyone have any idea how to stop IBS-D cold, for just three days? PLEASE!!!

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
I second the Imodium. Imodium everyday. 4 pills a day. The max dose. This will (hopefully) prevent anything from happening. You may get constipated, but if you absolutely can't have your IBS act up, this is by far your best bet

·
Registered
89 Posts
I agree with the above posters. Immodium will be a quick fix for the D for the time being, but there are other things available to help you deal with the anxiety (more long term) such as: hypnotherapy, prescription drugs, and a few others that you can probably find on this board. Since anxiety is probably one of the most powerful triggers with this condition I think it would be a good idea to try and overcome this as well. I have been in situations where I have been so anxious that no matter how much Immodium I have taken I will still have very bad D. I don't think this will be a cure by any means but by reducing your anxiety in situations like a reunion then you can hopefully make the symptoms more manageable. Welcome to the boards and I hope your reunion goes well.

·
Registered
6,019 Posts
You might also give Linda's Caltrate with D a try. If you have a few days to experiment with the dose, that seems to work quickly for a lot of people.If you are also interested in a more preventative solution, you could e-mail me and I would send you some info about the flavonoids I take. They do much more than just firm up your stools.Hope that helps and do enjoy the reunion.Markmsprague2002###yahoo.ca

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.