Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you guy's use for Nausea ? that is fast relief ......besides throwing-upyuck ! yuck ! yuck !

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Ginger. My favorite way is ginger-peppermint tea -- a combination manufactured by Alvita and sold in health food stores. There's also little ginger candy tablets that come in a tin, also at health stores.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
THANK GOODNESS THAT'S NOT ONE OF MY PROBLEMS, NOW, BUT YEARS AGO I WOULD TAKE PEPTO BISMOL (OTC)------------------LET'S ALL PRAY FOR A CURE TO THIS IBS SOON!BETTIE

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DJ. Something that works good for me is called Emetrol. It comes in several "tasty" flavors, none of which is my favorite when I feel like "vomiking" (a quaint southern term). Its only drawback is its high sugar content, but when I'm that sick I'll take anything that works. Hope you find this helpful. Misemesis

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Emetrol is a medication that induces vomiting....did I misread something here? I kept Emetrol around when the kids were small in case they swallowed something inappropriate. For nausea--meds called Tigan, Compazine, Phenergan, or in severe cases, Thorazine. nonprescriptive--ginger substances help, as already noted.------------------"Do not go gentle into that good night

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Emetrol, marketed by Pharmacia & Upjohn does not induce vomiting, it helps to relieve nausea. The other drugs that you mention do help with nausea, but you must have a script to get them. Aside from phenergan, the drugs that you mention also have a lot of side effects that some people may find to be more troublesome than the nausea itself. I guess that's why it's good to have a lot of choices as we all react differently to different drugs.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Dj - hope you are feeling better now. If nausea is a crontic problem with you ask your doctor for (I know you may not like this) suppositories. Many times if you feel too nauseous to take a pill or swallow a liquid a suppository works wonders. I have tried many years ago when I had a stomach bacteria that i caught while traveling overseas. If there is one thing I hate it is feeling sick to my stomach. 4 weeks ago I had a middle ear infection which effected my balance and I was walking into walls etc for about one week, dizziness was my first name. I would get nauseous if I moved my eyes too quickly. Emetrol as I can remember and I have used it many years ago is used to cure nausea not induce vomitting. Also, believe it or not plain cola syrup is used also and happens to be a very good relief agent. You will even see it in the pharmacy on the shelf, it is over the counter. In emergencies you can take Coca-Cola and stir out the bubbles (important to stir out the bubbles) and slowly sip the cola syrup. Many parents give to thier young kids when they have nausea.Hope this helps you.Mark A

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.