Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I started on the Zelnorm study last week I havn't been able to take any meds whatsoever, not even antacids or sleeping pills.I dont actauly get the Zelnorm until Sept-4,I have to do a phone survey you know ( have you had a bowel movement if yes press 1.)I have to do this so they can have a before and after.Any way can anyone help me with natural remedy to help heartburn, nausea or even sleeping, any thoughts would be appreciated.Marvin

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi mlittle,How exciting to be in a study, hope it will be a good experience for you. You asked for natural remedies for heartburn, nausea and to sleep. If you can tolerate (and are allowed) milk, drinking half a mug of milk (roomtemperature) about half an hour before you eat can sometimes do the trick for heartburn. Ginger tea (either from teabags or from fresh ginger) is commonly used as a natural remedy for nausea. As for sleeping, all I can think of are a glass of warm/hot milk at bedtime and a warm relaxing bath before going to bed. If heartburn troubles you at night you could try to sleep with your head raised higher then your feet (more pillows or put something underneath the headend of the bed). Hope you'll get plenty of other suggestions ( and good luck with the study)Fay

·
Registered
518 Posts
Hi mlittle,How exciting to be in a study, hope it will be a good experience for you. You asked for natural remedies for heartburn, nausea and to sleep. If you can tolerate (and are allowed) milk, drinking half a mug of milk (roomtemperature) about half an hour before you eat can sometimes do the trick for heartburn. Ginger tea (either from teabags or from fresh ginger) is commonly used as a natural remedy for nausea. As for sleeping, all I can think of are a glass of warm/hot milk at bedtime and a warm relaxing bath before going to bed. If heartburn troubles you at night you could try to sleep with your head raised higher then your feet (more pillows or put something underneath the headend of the bed). Hope you'll get plenty of other suggestions ( and good luck with the study)Fay

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.