Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
779 Posts
I agree with Nicol exercise is the only way. I have lost 55 pounds with proper diet & exercise and I do know how hard it is. For a start does he exercise alone? Bad idea it's too easy to skip it. Why dont YOU go & work out with him or find a buddy who will. Make it a regular routine 3 or 4 times a week. You need at least 4 times to start & 3 to maintain. Walking is good but unless you walk an awful long ways it will take a long time to loose. You need a cardio like jogging, aorobics classes, squash, something that would get him moving. Then work on the diet, all you need it to get rid of all the junk food and have healthy snacks but reward him with a favorite "bad" food once a week or so or he wont stick to it. It's not so much what it is it's how much it is that way he wont feel deprived. I hope this helps you & he can go & have a succesful weight loss. One more thing dont do the weird diet, just stick to normal food. Variety & moderation is the key! Trust me I'm proof!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.