Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone.for the past 5 years i have suffered from ibs-d, acid reflux, and i have had a peptic ucler before. I AM SO TIRED OF SUFFERING EVERYDAY. It has ruined my life. No Job, No friends, No life because i feel very ill everyday. Not only do i always have diarehha but i always feel so nauseated=[. I also seem to notice my stomach fills up with air everytime i do eat. I am losing more and more weight because im scared to eat because i dont want the symptoms. I am 20 years old i am 5'6 and now weigh 108.My average weight its 124. Its seriously killing me. I am so depressed over not feeling well, i feel like i have the stomach flu everyday. i do not eat dairy products because i am allergic to them, i do not drink pop,coffee,or alcohol. i stay away from acidy foods or foods high in fat and nothin helps. im seriously so depressed from all my symptoms. i want to feel good for once. Its ruiining my relationships, prevents me from getting a job and going to college. i just want to die sometimes. Does anyone else have the same problems i do?=[

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to say, although I feel awful for the way you are feeling, I find it comforting to know I'm not the only one.I was beginning to think I was crazy. I'm 21 and was diagnosed 3 years ago. Like you it has completely ruined my life and I haven't told many people. I recently graduated from college with an average degree and I feel like a failure because I know I could have done better if I had been able to make it to class like everyone else. I avoid social situations constantly because nearly every day I feel sick and even if I haven't been sick that day, the anxiety has completely taken over to the point that I need to go to the bathroom. I've lost friends because I rarely go out anymore and I know they think I just can't be bothered but the truth is I crave my old life back every day. Most days I feel like no one would miss me if I was gone and it would be easier for everyone if they didn't have to worry about me. This is not how I planned my life to be and I don't know how I've turned into this person. Before I was diagnosed I recieved a "girl of the year" award in my high school and was the lead singer in a local band. Right now it seems like a different person.I don't know what to do anymore but I know I need help because this is getting out of control
My parents don't fully understand the severity this has had on my life as I think I've done quite well to cover it up but I've nobody to talk to about it so discovered this forum today. Has anybody found antidepressants to work? I'm worried about taking them, mainly because I don't know anyone who has.I discovered that i was intolerant to wheat and potatoes but even after cutting them entirely out of my diet for the last year and a half there just doesn't seem to be an improvement. does anyone have any similar experiences?I realise this is a long post but it feels good to get it out.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Have you had a complete work-up? You should if you haven't already. Be sure they check for vitamin levels and thyroid. Before you get on anti-depressants, you should know that low levels of vit D and others can cause depression, so get that in order first. We don't eat right and don't absorb what we manage to eat, so this is a must. You may need liquid or sub-lingual vitamins. Wouldn't you hate to think you were taking drugs for depression and still feeling awful with diarrhea and that it was all or mostly due to lack of a vitamin? Don't add a drug unless you really need it, the dr's will prescribe anything, but a quick fix isn't a cure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.