Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was diagnosed many years ago,no meds ever for it,anti-depressants forever,detrol for a time,d always & some pain, pain increased md said impacted badly,recommended phillips m of m,only made d worse, have done close to 6 colonics only little results when there,can tolerate more & more water each time,but still not enough,am frustrated..feel never an urge to go..new to site..thanks to anybody for help,suggestions

·
Registered
34,955 Posts
If you do not have an urge to go you need to have the pelvic floor evaluated, and discuss with someone techniques for regaining the urge to go normally.I don't see how colonics no matter how many you do would effect a problem like not noticing you have to go to the bathroom. They will clear out any constipated stool like an enema was, but if you have an underlying nervous system/sphincter problem I am unclear as to how forcing water all the way up the colon will fix a sensory problem with the rectum, pelvic floor, or anal sphincter
Most of what they claim colonics fix has never been tested, so it is difficult to evaluate whether or not it would help any given problem, or if it does what % of people it helps. No treatment cures everyone regardless of what any given person doing it says about it.K.Like an enema

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks,think even the colon therapist keeps saying,should be better..have another apptment tonite..think will cancel as throwing dollars away..funny looking for help for c when for years d has been constant friend..any advice helpful

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.