Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone! I posted a while ago about having to do a paper for school and you guys gave me some good ideas. I've decided to do it on IBS, and whether it's more of a emotional condition, triggered by stress and anxiety, or if it's a physical condition, triggered by foods, medications, etc.I would love it if everyone would give me feedback on this questionnaire, and tell me any questions that would be better (I can always make another one if this one is junk). And if you think it's decent enough, if you could answer it, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks a lot! I've already filled it out, but I'm the only one. lol.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
BJ, I filled it out.I have a ton of resources on this so you know if you want to use them.also I have to clarify something here.IBS is a " real physical condition" for sure and is triggered by emotions, stress, anxiety, foods, medications, hormones, even the weather, and other factors. All of which effect an ibsers quality of life.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys! I appreciate it a lot!Eric, I would love to know of any resources you have. I certainly won't turn down anything that can help me with this paper
. And I didn't mean to imply that IBS isn't a real, physical condition. My hypothesis (which may or may not be right) is just that for some people, it's more of a psychological problem. Take me, for instance. I have no food triggers. The only thing that gives me D is if I'm anxious about something (a final exam, or going someplace with no bathrooms). I know thw majority of IBS sufferers are not like this. And it may be that I just have a very mild form of IBS. I basically just want to see if people struggle more with the psychological aspect of IBS, or the physical. Thanks again for replying! I'm currently attending Mott Community College in Flint, MI. I'm going to school for nursing, and decided to take what I thought was the quick route, and go to community college, rather than a big university. However, aparently a lot of people think this way and there's a really long wait list to get into the nursing program at Mott, so I'm looking into going somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Done it

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just a shameless bump.
I'm starting my paper (heopefully) tomorrow, and the more people I have, the better. I also need answers from people without IBS to use as a control group. So, if you've got a friend or family member sitting close, ask them to fill it out too, please
. I really appreciate everyone's answers!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.