Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an anal fissure that causes burning after stool, but luckily no bleeding. It seems chronic, as it heals then comes back. I've tried to stay off steroids (supp. or creams) and have used baby ointments like A& D or Balmex. Any other advice. Tried tub baths, but this only causes me a UTI.Tania

·
Registered
1,994 Posts
They can take a LONG time to heal; and then I was told they will always be a weak spot inside you.When you have your baths, are you having a bubble bath? A bath itself should not cause a UTI in most people. Bubblebaths are more common causes of this. (if you can; drinking lots of cranberry juice can help that; the white cranberry juice is less acidic)I still get bleeding and burning 2 years after I had my barium enema cause a fissure in me. I have a prescription cream my doc gave me that helps to at least numb the area. I also try to eat softer foods when I get that burning feeling too much.Take care

·
Registered
317 Posts
here in SA we get some good suppositories, they contain a mild cortisone. I cannot remember the exact composition or name but they worked very well in my case
Ask your pharmacist, I am sure that there is something available there as well

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.