Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think I need to add a fiber supplement to help with my IBS.I fluctuate from IBS-D to IBS-C.Sometimes I have times of horrible intestinal gas.I seemed to get past the last gas episode by decreasing protein, fiber foods & sulfur rich foods.Now that I am back to more IBS-D (with urgency) I think I do need a fiber supplement.What should I take if...1. No yucky, gritty powders.2. Nothing that tastes bad3. Won't cause excess or any gas4. Won't bind me up5. Don't need to drink tons of water6. Something I can incease gradually (maybe can't do this with the capsules???)I am currently only taking a probiotic 1x/day. OTC Pearls, not too strong.Thanks & I am looking forward to some answers.Banditgal

·
Registered
140 Posts
I forgot to add this. There are two types of fiber. Soluble and Insoluble fiber. Soluble fiber is broken down by intestinal bacteria, and that produces gas, insoluble fiber isn't broken down and doesn't produce gas, but it requires you drink more water, or you'll just be excaberating your constipation with insoluble fiber. Were I you, I'd go for insoluble fiber, and just gradually increase that along with water till you get more tolerable bowel movements.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.