Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I am an in really need of some help!!!! I have alot on pain on the left side. It there all the time. it there Even if l wake up in the middle of the night. It been going on for 10 months now. The doctors have ran all kinds of test. They think that it IBS but l don't have any problems with Constipation or even Diarrhea. So l question if it is IBS. Please Help. so i know what to do to help get rid of the pain. Thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Tobi:I can tell you that I have constant pain on my left side and I have always had it since I was 16 when I first started with IBS....back then it did not start out with a lot of D & C, but as time went on it developed...if you are not sure about the doctor's dx then you can always go for a second opinion.Hope that helps

·
Registered
221 Posts
I also had constant pain on my left side for about 6 months but was not terribly C or D. But I did have IBS since I was not regular at all. The constant pain went away, but only after everything came to an incredibly painful peak for about 3 months. Now, I get the left side pain a few times a week instead of all day every day. My doc had told me the pain is from sigmoid colon spasms and from having a sensitive colon. When I am C the left side aches. My doc told me one can be C even if you do go everyday b/c one does not empty everything out and the rest sits there causing pain. You get used to it after a while I guess. Pain all the time...it reminds you you are alive!

·
Registered
117 Posts
when i started complaining about pain on my left lower side, my doctor felt the area and could literally feel stool "in line" so to speak to be emptied. she attributed this to spasms in the colon.i too was "sick" for a couple of years before severe constipation development.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi, Tobi!I can totally relate to everyone's replies on this topic. I also had many, many months of painful colon spasms before any severe constipation was noticeable to me. You are certainly not alone in your situation.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sounds like you may have adhesions along your large bowel. They are caused by prior surgery or other diseases like endometriosis. The problems is that adhesions are pretty much an unsolvable problem. It's worth investigating, however. Surgery will relieve the pain for a while.

·
Registered
14 Posts
You most likely have a microbiological imbalance, which is caused by not having a life probiotic culture. Have you used antibiotics in the last 12 months? If so, I would go and see a naturopath and him/her run blood test to see what your the microbiology in your intestines shows. Also, it would be helpful to get a food alergy test as that might be what is also causing the pain. I had the same symptoms as you and my test found I had some problems with malabsorption caused by using antibiotics. IMO there is no such thing as "IBS" as the medical doctors have no clue what is really the root cause. They think it is because we dont have enough fiber in the diet which is 100% wrong. Go to a naturopath and they will definitely tell you what is truly going on. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Tbright- Wow I can't believe how similar your symtoms are to mine. The cons. severe bloating that looks like you're pregnant, and pain. It has gotten just out of control. Lately the only relief I get is with those disgusting drinks or laxative pills. As for pregnancy, we are trying to become and I was just saying how it concerns me-I can't imagine all this and being pregnant too, I think I would die! That cider/chlorophyll/aloe vera thing sounds good. Ever heard of Oxy-C anyone, or tried it? Some are swearing by it on other sites. Thanks! I'm Cyndi, new, and glad to have found this group. Usually I feel so isolated with this....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Well, I have tried the flax seed oil capsules and the magnesium for the past 3 days....and I am happy to say that it has been working!!!Today I think it worked a little too well! I actually went to the bathroom 4 times today.
Anyway I am feeling better and am hoping this works for me for the long term!I go to my Gastro doc next Monday, so we will see what he says. Thanks everyone!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.