Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry i know it doesn't belong in this forum, but i need some to respond and is the most view section.I preparation paper for the test and it said:1."From noon till 5pm eat and drink only liquids".Does that mean i can't eat jello? Am i limited to and liquids? I'm drinking orange juice right now.Is that a good idea?2. After finishing the Colyte take Dulcolax pills at one time periods.So does that mean it all at the same time right after the Colyte?what does the Dulcolax pills do?

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You took Colyte too right?How fast or strong does it make u go?I have too drink 8oz every 10 mins.I just got my first round. how many more before i start feeling it?If it take awhile or not as strong then i want to play some games.If this stuff make run for life. I need to know to make sure no one is not at bathroom when i need it.EDIT: just got my 2nd

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Nothing red or purple, both of those will possibly give a false positive of blood and yes, jello is fine so long as it's neither of those colours. The oj I'm not sure of, I was told to stick to cordial, gatorade or powerade (again no red or purple or blue) and if any juice to keep with apple. Ducolax is a laxative, will help get things moving. Good luck for your test!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
PS. It's hard to say when the prep will kick in. FOr me I took the ducolax at night and they had me running a whole lot faster than the prep did. The prep I just got a niggle that maybe I should go to the loo. Once you start though you will be in there a LOT!

·
Registered
532 Posts
Usually the dulcolax is taken .. in the afternoon sometime... then after your liquid supper... you start the colyte.. Usually within an hour or so.. the colyte begins to work... and up to 2 hours after your last glass.. by that time hopefully it is all clear... Helps to drink a little more after the colyte is done.. just to insure it is clear... By this time here now.. you are done with this.. Hope your test turns out well....The hard part is over...

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I some what fail the test.My GI found a large Hemorrhoid. SO he never got pass that.I hope that hemorrhoid is the reason my stool is so thin and narrow. I thought have colon cancer because of that. and i have these abdomen pain that seem to be getting worse.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.