Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone! I just signed up on here to try and get some answers. My mother has been diagnosed with IBS but I am not sure that the doctor is right however I could also be wrong. My mom spends day after day vomiting and not being able to get around and the doctor keeps telling her that it's IBS. She spends about 22 hours a day in bed and the other two getting sick. She is also losing blood through all of this. I have looked up a lot of information on the net about IBS and I can't find out anything that mentions vomiting. Has anyone experienced any of this with IBS? Thank you,Carrie

·
Banned
1,012 Posts
Carrie, I had horrible nausea at one point. It turned out that I needed a hysterectomy and that my colon was fused to my ovary and the ovary and the colon were both stuck to the pelvic wall, but the adhesions could not be seen by the imagaing tests.The whole thing of pelvic adhesions does mimic IBS or actually it can also contribute to IBS because often the adhesions are attached to the outside of the colon causing problems with spasms.Has your mother asked a gynegologist to do an exploratory laproscope to rule out adhesions or other female problems?There was a time before my surgery that I was living on 24 hour chewable Bonine because of my constant nausea and we took pukey bags every where we went in the car.I can relate to that sleeping all the time.The pain alone wears you out.Let us know how your mom is doing and I hope they get to the bottom of her problems very soon.Kamie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts