Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing GREAT since October when I found a good combo for my IBS. I started Nature Made Calcium w/out magnesium, my usual probiotic and 1 1/2 fiber choice a day. With the exception of a loose stool maybe once a month, I was under control. Well a few weeks ago we went on the Disney Cruise for 7 days (2nd time). The first night of the cruise I was woken up at 1am w/a couple episodes of "D". Okay figured it was the time change and stress of travelling on my body ...also the eating of different foods, desserts on cruise. Was fine the next day and again that night around 1:30 am woken up by ONE loose stool. This continued most of the week and started by end of cruise. Then I started to wonder if I had a bug or something. It was weird...I didn't go the bathroom during the day, just during the night. I was getting tired of having to wake up for this. I ended up taking a few pepto bismol since I heard if it is a but or bacteria, it will clean it out. Anyway, fine until a week later, last night woken again w/ a couple episodes of "D". Anyway, anyone else have this happen..during the night? I'm wondering if my body clock got messed up by vacation and time difference and now needs to get back on track. I have been eating more sweets, etc lately. Very strange.....

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Tez, traveling can be stressful in some ways.Also, as a chef I can tell you the food on the boat(well you could have gotten a small does of some bad bacteria)but just the change in foods can have an effect. Sometimes traveling we eat richer foods, more foods ect. But it sounds like it could be a combination or perhaps a little upset from some minor food bacteria, and also your body clock like you mentioned. It all adds up.Hopefully being home and getting back on track will help you. The probiotic might help. Hope you feel better soon.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Tez, traveling can be stressful in some ways.Also, as a chef I can tell you the food on the boat(well you could have gotten a small does of some bad bacteria)but just the change in foods can have an effect. Sometimes traveling we eat richer foods, more foods ect. But it sounds like it could be a combination or perhaps a little upset from some minor food bacteria, and also your body clock like you mentioned. It all adds up.Hopefully being home and getting back on track will help you. The probiotic might help. Hope you feel better soon.------------------Moderator of the Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Anxiety and Hypnotherapy forumI work with Mike and the IBS Audio Program. www.ibshealth.com www.ibsaudioprogram.com

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for input Eric...I do think you're right. I probably overate and my body (I'm petite) is not use to it. My colon just got overloaded and reacted I guess. I feel fine otherwise and no pain really,..just gassy feeling.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for input Eric...I do think you're right. I probably overate and my body (I'm petite) is not use to it. My colon just got overloaded and reacted I guess. I feel fine otherwise and no pain really,..just gassy feeling.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tezbear,I agree with what eric has mentioned. I would also like to add that while it may not be a normal sign of IBS I too am sometimes awaken with "D". It scared me at first because I had always read that "D" at night was not a sign of IBS....well for me it can be.KARL

·
Registered
428 Posts
Tezbear,I agree with what eric has mentioned. I would also like to add that while it may not be a normal sign of IBS I too am sometimes awaken with "D". It scared me at first because I had always read that "D" at night was not a sign of IBS....well for me it can be.KARL

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.