Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have pulled my back out TWICE in 3 weeks. I'm in so much pain that I'm almost unable to function. I HATE pain meds (script meds) because they constipate me. I am almost to the point where I'll endure the discomfort of C rather than going on with this pain. I have been lying in bed off and on with this thing for weeks and I'm DAMN SICK of it! Does anybody have any ideas at all about a med that might not be constipating? The motrin hardly helps at all, neither does aspirin or Tylenol. I am using a TENS machine which feels good but it is not curing my problem. Thanks for any ideas. Tiss

·
Registered
830 Posts
poor Tiss, that sucks. might i suggest acupuncture and possibly even hypnosis? unfortunately so many opiate based pain killers act as a cork and stop everything up but there may be some natureopathic or even homeopathic remedies that might work. is there a natureopathic doctor in your area? have you tried rubbing Arnica cream on your back (or have someone do it for you?) - again, i highly recommend acupuncture from a licensed acupuncturist, especially a chinese one. g-

·
Registered
506 Posts
How about a chiroprator? My chirpractor even blames lower back problems on constipation to some degree. Also you can try muscle relaxers like Robacacet (or a generic name is usually cheaper). I take those sometimes and they've never bothered me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.