Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Not sure is this is the forum to discuss this but I am looking for help and advice. I have been suffering from periodic episodes of feeling sick. It started a year ago and I cannot seem to find the cause. After having a colonoscopy test, I do NOT have crohns or colitis not polyps. My doctor has put me on Align but I just started. It is a complete hit and miss with the foods/drinks that I eat. I could eat a meal one day and be fine and then have the exact same meal/food another day and suffer through a lot of stomach pain, cramps and gas which results in defecation with the consistency of a slurpee. But it doesn't end there. The next day, I could go all day (and often have) without eating; a feeling of gut rot all day.

Is this/Could this be IBS - IBD? Any advice or guidance would be greatly appreciated. I also have hypothyroidism which may be of help to know.

Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi Solar1972,

Sure sounds like IBS to me, but it's a little bit different for everyone, i think. You've mentioned a few very common IBS symptoms. Wish I could help you, but I am struggling with the "what's going on?" phase as well. At lease here you'll find people who can relate to what your going though, if that's any comfort.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts