Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hi Donna. Maybe you resist the diagnosis of IBS, because you feel that with an alternate diagnosis, there might be some prospect of treatment and recovery. Whereas with IBS, there is no really effective treatment for the doctors to offer. Or maybe it is because you don't feel the diagnosis of a 'syndrome' properly acknowledges the suffering IBS causes you, and that you don't feel it's possible to have so much suffering without having organic disease?Just a few thoughts???Maybe you could do with reading some more information on IBS? Reading about it, particularly the enteric nervous system, the 'brain in the gut' and mast cell and histamine responses in the gut has really helped me accept, deal with and try to improve my symptoms. Maybe you have already read all that stuff though to no avail!
take care,------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

·
Registered
2,562 Posts
Hi Donna. Maybe you resist the diagnosis of IBS, because you feel that with an alternate diagnosis, there might be some prospect of treatment and recovery. Whereas with IBS, there is no really effective treatment for the doctors to offer. Or maybe it is because you don't feel the diagnosis of a 'syndrome' properly acknowledges the suffering IBS causes you, and that you don't feel it's possible to have so much suffering without having organic disease?Just a few thoughts???Maybe you could do with reading some more information on IBS? Reading about it, particularly the enteric nervous system, the 'brain in the gut' and mast cell and histamine responses in the gut has really helped me accept, deal with and try to improve my symptoms. Maybe you have already read all that stuff though to no avail!
take care,------------------susanIBS D/C type & M.E/CFS

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.