Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some help! I am diagnosed with IBS (usually constipation-dominant now)and haven't been feeling well since Saturday. I thought it was because my parents were out of town and I was home by myself, but it isn't going away. I do have quite severe anxiety. I am having constant pain in my abdomen (below my belly button, all the way across). It is like pressure, and I get cramping sometimes. It hurts a lot in my back as well. I had diarrhea on Tuesday, but otherwise am managing to go a bit. I am having trouble eating and am nauseated. I'm also quite upset because I haven't felt well enough to do anything or go out. It's my birthday on Saturday and I'm worried that I won't feel better by then because this has been going on so long, and I don't know what's wrong.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Getting your anxiety treated may go along way to helping you feel better. Talk to your Dr about some treatment options.What have you tried/taken already to help yourself?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Getting your anxiety treated may go along way to helping you feel better. Talk to your Dr about some treatment options.What have you tried/taken already to help yourself?
Yes. I've had anxiety for 10 years. I'm on a couple of medications for that (alprazolam and cipralex). I've tried taking pepto-bismol and the medicine prescribed for me for my ibs, which is dicatel. I'm not really sure what this is, because I've never had it feel like this before.

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
You might want to look into CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) to help you with the anxiety. You could also be experiencing a simple GI virus. But sometimes our IBS symptoms can change.I have found that taking a Ginger Capsule can really help quell nausea for me. You could try that.Now if these are BRAND new symptoms to you... why not run them by your Dr.?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You might want to look into CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) to help you with the anxiety. You could also be experiencing a simple GI virus. But sometimes our IBS symptoms can change.I have found that taking a Ginger Capsule can really help quell nausea for me. You could try that.Now if these are BRAND new symptoms to you... why not run them by your Dr.?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm doing cbt now actually. I'll try the Ginger capsules - I have some of the Ginger soft lozenges. I tried to make an appointment to see my dr, but she doesn't have any thing until September because she is going out of town. Going to the dr is really hard for me and I feel comfortable with the one I have, but I'm thinking I should see someone else since this has gone on so long? I haven't been able to eat a normal meal since Monday.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts