Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i need to hear from any of you that have ibs. i recently started having mucusy blood in my stools. do any of you have to deal with this? i went to the er last night(snday) because i was scared-said i probably just have an irritated colon and i shouldn't be concerned. as long as it's not strictly blood pouring out. i need info please!!!!!!!! not as much today in fact very little and my stools are back to a normal color as opposed to green. just would like some feedback on your experiences. thanks.

·
Registered
23,983 Posts
Boxgirl, you should still see a doctor on this, blood is not a symptom of IBS, it could be hemmies or something, but it would be a good idea to have it checked for sure.If its bright red blood it maynot be to serious, but never the less have your doctor look into it.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
did they take a stool sample to check if the blood is on or in the stool? bright red means it's generally on the outside and from hemmies or fissures. inside is more serious. you should definitely get it completely checked out to make sure. I had this is April where there was a lot of blood and while I was pretty sure it was OK, I still called the doctor and she got me in right away. nancy

·
Registered
8 Posts
I had the same thing. And I was all worried about it so the Dr. sent me for a colonoscopy. Boy here I was thinking that I had a huge problem and he tells me that it is just interal hemmrhoids. Great huh. Bright red blood is not as urgent as darker older looking blood that could have started somewhere far up. Bright red means closer to the end. I hope you are all right!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.