Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Hi I live in Brisbane and have spent years loking for help for my daughter's IBS so here is my opinion on the doctor situation.G.P.s can only help to a limited degree and to refer you to gastroenterologists.However understanding they are, they dont know how IBS(I call it the too hard basket) affects peoples lives.If this is your diagnosis-but you must have colonoscopy and endoscopy first-I cant recommend any gastros in Brisbane.They are all totally uneducated about IBS, we saw 4 and have gone to Melbourne and Sydney now in our search for help.Once they have a clear colonoscopy they abandon you,and they dont even test properly for parasites,which considering the tropical climate we live in is pretty slack. I think they have expertise in what they know, but IBS is considered to be a minor inconvenience which we all know it is not. Gilly

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Not the answer I was after, but at least now I know that i really have to push for answers, and that's what i will do.I am now faced with another problem, I think i have a UTI, waiting on test results. It isn't a burning feeling, but the sort of feeling like the urine is sitting right there ready to come out, I think I am going crazy............

·
Registered
346 Posts
Sorry I did sound terribly negative, but what I said is true.After seeing the mess in Bundaberg I dont feel any more positive about doctors.It sounds as if youre still waiting for a definite diagnosis,and all your poblems may be related.Dont feel that youre crazy and be very persistent, change to another doctor if you need to.Good Luck.If youre a woman you could try the group of doctors advertising under the name "healthy women" in Indooroopilly I think,they sounded quite good.Gilly

·
Registered
222 Posts
Have you considered a Gastroenterologist(?), my experience with GP's have been a total and complete nightmare, 2 diagnosed me with depression when in fact had the H-Pylori bacteria.However after the bacteria was eradicated, the Gas Doc has added little value.See my Earlier Posts - WLHXBill

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have seen a GI, he has sent me for colonoscopy & endoscopy, which the waiting list is around 2 months long........ I have a appt with him next week to get my HIDA scan Results back. Will ask him more questions then.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.