Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need your ideas-having lots of nausea(is a virus going around)no vomiting but EXTREME nausea for 24 hrs.Please let me know your "home-remedies"/ideas.thanks.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I drink 7-Up/Sprite, make sure I keep munching on crackers (I am so much more nauseous when my stomach is empty) and peppermint (tea, candy, whatever I can find!). Ginger is also supposed to help.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
I drink 7-Up/Sprite, make sure I keep munching on crackers (I am so much more nauseous when my stomach is empty) and peppermint (tea, candy, whatever I can find!). Ginger is also supposed to help.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ginger Ale, 7-up, soda crackers or Ritz crackers, toast, rice...If you can call your doc ask for phenegran (sorry - probably spelled it wrong) , an Rx for nausea that I use all the time (I frequently have nausea with my IBS).I also use a hot water bottle on my tummy, makes me feel better, don't know why.Good luck.loon

·
Registered
303 Posts
Ginger Ale, 7-up, soda crackers or Ritz crackers, toast, rice...If you can call your doc ask for phenegran (sorry - probably spelled it wrong) , an Rx for nausea that I use all the time (I frequently have nausea with my IBS).I also use a hot water bottle on my tummy, makes me feel better, don't know why.Good luck.loon

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yeah, that seems to be going on around here big time. I second the lots of liquids - when I get sick like that I don't feel like eating or drinking anything which leads to more nausea from dehydration. Ginger ale is probably a good option since the ginger will help with the nausea.feel betternancy

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
yeah, that seems to be going on around here big time. I second the lots of liquids - when I get sick like that I don't feel like eating or drinking anything which leads to more nausea from dehydration. Ginger ale is probably a good option since the ginger will help with the nausea.feel betternancy

·
Registered
86 Posts
My remedies...Altoids help ease the 'suddeness' of nausea for me. 7-up sometimes works, GingerAle is usually my pick though. Phenergan will always work, unless too sick to take it orally...I HATE THE OTHER METHOD OF TAKING THOSE!!
Peppermint tea is a good one. So is Ginseng tea. Some folks swear by Pepsi, or even 'flat pepsi'. My Mom uses flat Coke. Crackers work to ease and absorb the acid that is making you sick sometimes. Dry toast? Might work for some. Hope you feel better soon!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
My remedies...Altoids help ease the 'suddeness' of nausea for me. 7-up sometimes works, GingerAle is usually my pick though. Phenergan will always work, unless too sick to take it orally...I HATE THE OTHER METHOD OF TAKING THOSE!!
Peppermint tea is a good one. So is Ginseng tea. Some folks swear by Pepsi, or even 'flat pepsi'. My Mom uses flat Coke. Crackers work to ease and absorb the acid that is making you sick sometimes. Dry toast? Might work for some. Hope you feel better soon!!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
nmwinter - really? For days I was very nauseous and tired. Hadn't heard of anyone else feeling this way, so I figured it was just me!

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
nmwinter - really? For days I was very nauseous and tired. Hadn't heard of anyone else feeling this way, so I figured it was just me!

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ty - yup. In fact, right before reading this, I was talking to two people who are just recovering (and keeping my distance). My friend and her nephew who live with her are also jsut getting over this. It doesn't seem to be the same flu that was going around earlier since that one was mostly D. This time it seems to be a lot of nausea and some vomiting (although I've heard not everyone gets the latter). I had a couple of dyas myself last week, although I'me chalking it up to my migraine and the bad batch of compazine that didn't work for it.nancy

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Ty - yup. In fact, right before reading this, I was talking to two people who are just recovering (and keeping my distance). My friend and her nephew who live with her are also jsut getting over this. It doesn't seem to be the same flu that was going around earlier since that one was mostly D. This time it seems to be a lot of nausea and some vomiting (although I've heard not everyone gets the latter). I had a couple of dyas myself last week, although I'me chalking it up to my migraine and the bad batch of compazine that didn't work for it.nancy

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
sorry to take away from your thread, celticlady!nmwinter - well, now that explains it. I'm just so happy to not be so dang nauseous anymore! What type of med is that you take for your migraines? I have Amerge (similar to Imitrex, but works better than that for me), Butalbital (a barbituate with caffiene) and the latest one that I haven't tried yet, but cannot remember the name (miti.. something).

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
sorry to take away from your thread, celticlady!nmwinter - well, now that explains it. I'm just so happy to not be so dang nauseous anymore! What type of med is that you take for your migraines? I have Amerge (similar to Imitrex, but works better than that for me), Butalbital (a barbituate with caffiene) and the latest one that I haven't tried yet, but cannot remember the name (miti.. something).

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks,everyone! Imagine my surprise and pleasure when I just logged on now-all these responses!Just knowing you all care helps a lot.
I am drinking flat ginger-ale,seems to go down better when I stir it to get the bubbles out....also I drink it at room temp.My 8 yr old is now saying he is nauseated,and hubby went to bed early!If we all have this,this weekend is gonna suck.....I am going to take a bath and go to bed early,too.Talk about a bunch of "live-wires"in this household on a Friday night!thanks again :love:

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thanks,everyone! Imagine my surprise and pleasure when I just logged on now-all these responses!Just knowing you all care helps a lot.
I am drinking flat ginger-ale,seems to go down better when I stir it to get the bubbles out....also I drink it at room temp.My 8 yr old is now saying he is nauseated,and hubby went to bed early!If we all have this,this weekend is gonna suck.....I am going to take a bath and go to bed early,too.Talk about a bunch of "live-wires"in this household on a Friday night!thanks again :love:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts