Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner

Need your thoughts...

231 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  glued2potty 
#1 ·
Hi all, i'm new here and need some input.I am seeing a new GI in a week and never know how to explain what I feel or what I want to do about it. For me this started about a year ago. I had D everyday up to 12x a day and lost 40lbs in 3mths. I saw my primary Dr. who tried some antibotics etc. and then sent me on to a GI. He tried everything, all kinds of drugs that seem to make it worse. He did lots of tests. All he found was blood and on the colonoscopy he found swelling in one area, (thing about this is that during the scope, when he got to that area I woke up- sat up- grabbed the nurses arm- and began to cry, then they knocked me out again...). Anyway, now I don't really have D, I just always feel like I have to go-ALWAYS! It's more like "pooping paste" like toothpaste (sorry for the grossness!) I can't leave the house till noon and am scared to get a job. I just feel like this GI will tell me it's all in my head too! But how can one area of pain be all in my head? Then the next question they always ask, do you want to try this prescription? Maybe I just need a shrink? I guess I don't know how to explain what's wrong very well, and it's hard for me to believe that one day intestional swelling just shows up and now I have to live with feeling like I always need a bathroom???Thanks.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.