Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi doc, i have been reading post for quite awhile now and you seem to be so helpful was wondering if i could impose upon you to answer questions i wrote under chloe :s post= the one listed[I SURVIVED THE BE BARLEY].i was writing reply to her and there was a few post that made me want to ask questions to you. If you would answer at your convenience this would really be appreciated....sincerly marilyn [marimike]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Marilyn-I don't know what to tell you about the fluid and cysts. I'd be wrong to comment without being able to talk to and examine you and review the films.With respect to the incomplete colonoscopy, it is not unusual to not be able to completely traverse the colon with the scope. That happens probably <5% of the time. Reasons for this include a tortuous colon, adhesions, significant diverticular disease and bad preps. In these situations, advancing the scope may be difficult and pressing on may lead to colonic perforation. This does not mean that there is something necessarily wrong with your colon and it is not any type of diagnostic sign. It is usually the sign of a prudent gastroenterologist. If I can't see the whole colon with a scope, we go to barium which trickles easily around these areas [but as Chloe has found out, it doesn't always trickle back as easily).Hope it helps.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks doc i appreciated answer and expertie advice. sure glad to have you here. yes i know what you mean i went that route that chloe said not always trickling back. oh well!again thank you so much for help marilyn[marimike]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts