Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
For many months now I have been constipated on and off for weeks randomly. I spoke to my GP and she told me to use Fibogel to try and help keeps things moving but that made no change at all. When I was actually using the toilet regularly my stools were soft anyway, so I don't think fibre was the issue.I have been having a big issue with constipation for approx. 2-3 months now and have still been taking fibogel and following my usual, fruit and veg rich, vegetarian diet. In the weeks that I'm not completely unable to use the toilet my stools are very dense and knobbly. (Like Type 2 on "the chart") and even occasionally type 1.At the moment I haven't used the toilet in about 2 weeks and so now I am in a large amount of discomfort and my belly is very visibly huge. I have been using Milk of Magnesia in the past few days to try and relieve the discomfort, but as of yet it hasn't changed anything. I am pretty sure it is actually doing something though as my insides are making noise and I can feel definite movement, but still nothing comes out.What I don't know about though (This may be in graphic detail so if you didn't like the last bit then stop here) is that when I have anal sex, I have noticed that I feel noticably more swollen inside, like I can feel a lot more contact between my insides and the penis. I don't think this is caused by the sex, just that I notice it during sex. This may just be my imagination though, as I don't really have any reference to how it felt before.Today I inserted a (gloved) finger into myself to see if the Milk of Magnesia was having any effect at all, but I found nothing up there at all, completely empty as far as I could reach so i wonder if there's an impaction higher up in my system.Also, I would go to my doctor about this but it's a university GP and they're currently closed for easter break, and the next GP is much further away than I feel like walking with this feeling.Edit: I should also point out (from reading other common problems) that my gas habits never changed despite the constipation so I'd say that the amount of wind I have is still .....err healthy? And I also drink plenty of water during the day, probably about 3 or 4 liters over the course of a day.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Yikes, sounds pretty severe. If you're able to pass gas, you probably don't have a full bowel obstruction, but it still sounds like you may need more immediate care. Be sure to go to an E.R. if you end up with very severe pain or you're unable to pass any gas.The sex problems you describe are, by my understanding, probably the result of internal hemorroids. Anal sex can definitely make that worse. (I've never had anal sex; doc has advised me to avoid it due to hemmies.) You and your partner may need to find some other ways to have sex until you've gotten a clean bill of health from the doc. You may be significantly worsening any hemorrhoids you may have. :(Have you noticed any bleeding or soreness after sex? When you "explored" your own insides, did you notice any bumps or irregularities? My next advice would be to try psyllium husk supplement and Miralax. And definitely follow up as soon as you can.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've had similiar problems lately and my doctor suggested magnesium pills. I take 3000 mg a day and it helps quite a bit. She also suggested miralax but I gag when I try to take it because I just can't handle the texture.

·
Registered
722 Posts
If the Fybogel was going to work,it would have by now.You should maybe try Movical,but is prescription only in the UK.So would need to see GP or if you could,maybe phone him/her,and ask about it?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.