Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good MorningI got diagnosed with IBS yesterday. I have probabley been suffering for a little over 2 years, but it has gotten worse over the last month with stress and after a stomach infection.After the doctors visit it seems so overwhealming. There is the general stuff that I need to do, like eat right, take the medications and excerise.But what I am wondering is how do I know what triggers my bloating.I have started a food dairy, but if I have different types of food, how do I know which one is causing the problem.So I guess my question is where do I start?Thanks!

·
Registered
14,427 Posts
Hi and Welcome :(Here is a link to some info about an elimination diet:http://ibs.about.com/od/ibsfood/ht/eliminationdiet.htmPlease visit all of our forums that seem to apply to you & your symptoms. Then just post any questions you may have.You can find all of our forums by using the site navigator at the bottom right of each page.All the best

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good MorningI got diagnosed with IBS yesterday. I have probabley been suffering for a little over 2 years, but it has gotten worse over the last month with stress and after a stomach infection.After the doctors visit it seems so overwhealming. There is the general stuff that I need to do, like eat right, take the medications and excerise.But what I am wondering is how do I know what triggers my bloating.I have started a food dairy, but if I have different types of food, how do I know which one is causing the problem.So I guess my question is where do I start?Thanks!
This is my first ever post on this site so hear it goes.I suffer from IBS ©.My first bit of advice to you is to stop eating any dairy. I notice you have been keeping a food 'dairy' I think you must mean diary??? So even your sub conscious is telling you to lay off the cheese.It wont stop the constipation but it may reduce the bloating.I have had barium enema, colonoscopy and endoscopy. They still dont know whats causing it.If i had to bet on something id bet on some bacteria that they havent identified.Good luck friend.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts