Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't written in a while....but i am so discouraged
i feel terrible all of the time, and sometimes feel like no one takes me seriously. i am 18 and supposed to be graduating in june, i am homeschooled because i missed so much public school in 10th grade i couldn't keep up. I tried to catch up so i could graduate in june but im not quite sure im able to, and i have worked SO so hard. I have never had a job, and i would LOVE one, i would love to be able to be out and about and social, i used to be popular in school, and hang out with friends, and now i can't even do that. I want my lisence and im too scared i will be sick during my driving test, so i keep putting it off. I have a doctors appt. on may 10th with a new doctor because my old one blew me off. im always so tired, and my stomach hurts all the time and everything aggravates it. i always have pain everywhere, so bad where i haven't been able to walk before, and im going to the doctor on friday for that, but im scared that they will just blow that off like every other doctor has. ERR its soooo frusterating. thank you for listening, im glad i have people to relate to.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Welcome back. I am so sorry that you have had such a bad time with this and at such an early age. You are not the first person to have a doctor just blow you off. I really don't think any of them take us seriously, even the GI doctors. I had better luck with my regular doctor than with the GI guy. At least now I am on meds and doing the calcium that Linda recommends. I hope the new doctor treats you right and that you can get your life back again. That is all we really want anyhow, is to be able to do the things we used to do and the things we want to do again. All we need is a little help to get there. Hang in there and there are others your age group here. Check out some of the other threads. Good luck with your studies. GadJett

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,I am new to this site but I felt like I needed to reply to you! I am 25, have had IBS since I was 13! It really sucks but you really need to be proactive about finding what works for you. I am going to a new GI Doc in a couple of weeks because what used to work for me no longer does. I have heard about some people that are having success with anti-anxiety or anti-depressants and then IBS meds. I am going to speak with my Doc about it. Sometimes you have to be really pushy with these Drs and really express yourself! They think its all in our head, but let me tell you if they were unable to leave the sanctuary of their bathroom...you can bet there'd be a cure!! I was getting ready to go to work this morning and had an accident...I hate it so much. Nothing like being late because you can't quit crapping!!
Just keep your chin up and be forceful about what you need...and want!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.