Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard on the radio this morning that a new device that acts as an "anal airlock" called the Neo-Sphincter has been FDA approved. It is an implanted product with a pump that allows you to control when to evacuate. It is for fecal incontinence where there is no muscle control, primarily for use in woman who have had multiple births and have fecal incontinence. But I couldn't help thinking of us IBS-D people. I wonder if it would work for us? Or do you think there might be leakage?
I looked for the article since they said it was from MSNBC but couldn't locate it. Interesting anyway.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Are you seriuos?
Wow, this technology thing is amazing, isn't it? First, the other pump and now this. It seems like a great thing to me, but it sounds it could not be as effective with diarreah. Can you imagine? I am thinking you have to have surgery to get this???Thanks for posting this, now my curiosity is alert.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Are you seriuos?
Wow, this technology thing is amazing, isn't it? First, the other pump and now this. It seems like a great thing to me, but it sounds it could not be as effective with diarreah. Can you imagine? I am thinking you have to have surgery to get this???Thanks for posting this, now my curiosity is alert.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.