Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm not worried about what to eat or take. i live on imodium most days.
i'm more wondering how you all occupy yourself on long car rides. sorry if i didn't quite get that across.did you miss me? my laptop died a few days ago and i've been having a horrible time getting on the boards on this monster of a computer. well, my son spent the summer with my parents in KY. so, when he comes home i have to fly up and drive back down with him and my dad. i actually have less fear of the plane ride as it's only 2 hrs. i'm so not looking forward to the 12 hour or so drive back. without my laptop i have to find ways to keep my attention. i normally don't drive more than an hour away. any suggestions? i was thinking crossword puzzles.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Kymberli, What I do is eat light before the trip, stuff like jello, broth etc.. almost like a fasting, take some imodium and I drive!!! I drive everywhere. My family is so good they know it keeps my mind off my stomach. You may not have that choice if not ask to make stops even if you dont have to go or do this I try and keep track of the miles in between the rest stops and exits and go by how I'm feeling. But I have been there a 1000 times and will probably be there a 1000 more. Good Luck,Jolie Girl

·
Registered
1,181 Posts
Imodium, Imodium, and more Imodium! You know the drill, I am sure.You are with your dad and your son, so just know you are with two people who would be more understanding than anyone else would be!Is it possible you could get a small dose of Xanax, or Valium? They have a VERY calming effect on the bowels.. as well as everything in general. And you might just find with a large enough dose of either of those medicines, you sleep for the majority of the drive home.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.