Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Digestive Health Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a bit of background: I had suffered from stomach issues in the past and have been scoped twice (one in 2016 due to occult blood in stool and a second one in 2017 because of stomach pain and to make sure nothing was missed) both were clear and biopsies showed no signs of inflammation. The only thing that came up with an internal hemorrhoid.

Lately, I have been having an increase of blood with bowel movements. I went to see my PCP during break and she did an anoscopy which showed that the hemorrhoid was there but it wasnt bleeding though it looked a bit raw. I was referred to a new GI who put me on rectal suppositories. However, I have been using them since around the end of December and they havent been helping. It seems that every time I pass a slightly larger stool I get a lot of blood in the toilet bowl and on the toilet paper (I do also get blood with smaller bms but its not as much.) I also have pain on the left side of my abdomen.

My GI scheduled me for a flex sig which I have on Friday. Im a little nervous because from my understanding Ill have sedation but I wont be completely out like I was for my colonoscopies. Anyone have any experience with the flex sig? Was it painful?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts